Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Streaming Foobar -> MoodeAudio. Protocols & connectivity
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here would know how i could stream the output of foobar to moodeaudio.  In effect moode would just voice whatever foobar is playing over the network.  With foobar being a "radio station" of sorts and all controls and song swapping done via foobar.

My setup:

[Laptop with foobar] --- [Network switch] --- [RPi 3B With Moode 3.81]

There are a few communication protocols within moode which i dont fully understand.  Hence the post.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
(04-16-2018, 07:59 PM)hifix Wrote: Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here would know how i could stream the output of foobar to moodeaudio.  In effect moode would just voice whatever foobar is playing over the network.  With foobar being a "radio station" of sorts and all controls and song swapping done via foobar.

My setup:

[Laptop with foobar] --- [Network switch] --- [RPi 3B With Moode 3.81]

There are a few communication protocols within moode which i dont fully understand.  Hence the post.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

@hifix

Don't know nuthin 'bout foobar but a quick web search suggests foobar can stream via UPnP.

moOde r41 can be configured from the UI as a UPnP "media renderer". End of story.

It's now up to you to figure out if and how foobar can be configured as a UPnP "control point" and/or a UPnP "media server". I suggest Wikipedia, Google, DuckDuckGo, etc are your friends.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks for the heads up Kent!

I've been stuck in the audio dark ages.  I'm trying to learn something new.
UPnP marks the spot.  Time to start digging.  Big Grin

Cheers man.

[Image: excellent-4689_preview.png]
Foobar may support Airplay. Its much simpler than UPnP.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
For UPnP, this might be what you're looking for:
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_upnp

Looks like Airplay support is being done via a DSP plugin:
http://emilles.dyndns.org/software/out_apx.html

Richard
Thanks Tim & Richard!

I'll give the UPnP a good go.. failing that it might have to be airplay.  I'm determined though.  Big Grin

[Edit]... and its working!  I'm more up to date with technology!!!

[Image: 1*qRmKYNFeJQzuNcecYogUyA.jpeg]

If anyone wants to know..

1.  Enable UPnP Renderer on Moode install
2.  Install Foobar2000 (tested with ver 1.3.17)
3.  Install UPnP Media Renderer Output
4.  Install UPnP DLNA Renderer Server Control point
5.  Foobar preferences - Playback - Output - Select UPnP device.   (might want to setup server - streaming profiles too)

Thats it.