Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

rpi upgrade improves sound quality?
Hi everybody, 

I 've using rpi2 with moode audio for a quite a long time. Now, with allo digi one and version 4.4 of moode audio. 

Do you think upgrade to rpi 3 b+ will improve sound quality because of the better performance of the device?

What is your experience about the matter of sound quality and going to the next generation of rpi?
Try the new 3A+

4 cores
5Ghz WiFi
Bluetooth
Low power consumption
Low heat
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-19-2018, 09:40 AM)kostis Wrote: Hi everybody, 

I 've using rpi2 with moode audio for a quite a long time. Now, with allo digi one and version 4.4 of moode audio. 

Do you think upgrade to rpi 3 b+ will improve sound quality because of the better performance of the device?

What is your experience about the matter of sound quality and going to the next generation of rpi?

Short answer = no.

I have every version of the Rpi, they all sound the same.

In addition, I have other ARM boards....ASUS Tinker board, Odroid C2, Allo Sparky, Beagle Bone Black and have owned many others. Loading Debian w/MPD on any of them sounds very very close. The differences are more like shades of grey vs. night and day. The only board that has the slight edge is the Allo Sparky via USB [when compared to others via USB].