Thank you for your donation!

Problem adding WD My Cloud NAS on the network
This is same issue as in another post. To fix first remove the NAS config then run cmd below from ssh, then create NAS config again.

mkdir /mnt/NAS

I'm still not able to determine how is possible for the code to delete the NAS subdirectory. Which Build method, Direct or second USB-SDCard) did you use to Build moOde?

-Tim
(04-26-2018, 12:28 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: This is same issue as in another post. To fix first remove the NAS config then run cmd below from ssh, then create NAS config again.

mkdir /mnt/NAS

I'm still not able to determine how is possible for the code to delete the NAS subdirectory. Which Build method, Direct or second USB-SDCard) did you use to Build moOde?

-Tim

Hi Tim

I updated to moOde 4.1 via ssh from version 4 on an existing SD card following the instructions on another thread

I have tried your suggestion to removed the NAS then ran the mkdir /mnt/NAS cmd but just got a permission denied message as per the screen print below

Tried mounting my NAS again but still not working

My bad, it should be

sudo mkdir /mnt/NAS

-Tim
(04-27-2018, 12:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: My bad, it should be

sudo mkdir /mnt/NAS

-Tim

Hi Tim

All working now  Wink

Thank you for your'e patience and for all your'e help

Regards
Martin

(04-22-2018, 06:50 PM)Martin Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 11:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi @Martin,

Try

IP_ADDRESS/Public

or

MYCLOUD-AP41K0.local/Public

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I am making some progress - changing to 'MYCLOUD-AP41K0.local/Public' worked and I now have a green tick that shows it has been mounted successfully.

In the Browse pane, I now see a NAS option. When I clicked on NAS, I could see MyCloud so I clicked to 'Update this folder'. I get a message saying 'Updating' but it kept updating overnight and didn't seem to be able to find my music files.  I may need to change the location of the files in MyCloud so that it can find them.

Martin
Hi Tim,

I still can't get Moode 4.1 to find the music files on my My Cloud NAS.  I have a green tick in the 'Music Source Config' window, which suggests that the NAS has been configured properly. I can see 'My Cloud' when I click on 'NAS' in the 'Browse' panel but the folder is empty.  How can I get it to load my music files? Clicking on 'Update this folder' doesn't seem to work.

The  music on my MyCloud is located in Files/Family/Music.   In the Music folder I have about 400 seperate folders with the band or astist's name and in each of these I have individual folders with the name of each album, in which I have saved the music tracks. 

I read your advice to another user on this thread (also called Martin) and tried using the command

sudo mkdir /mnt/NAS

but got the reply

cannot create directory '/mnt/NAS' : file exists.

I have been using previous generations of Moode with my music files stored on a couple of USB stiicks attached to the pi but want to move to a NAS so that I can build a second pi-based music player to allow me to listen to my music in another room.  This is my first attempt at configuring a NAS but I must be doing something wrong.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin
You will have to examine the MPD log to see why the files are not being indexed.

cat /var/log/mpd/log

-Tim
I use a WD NAS.
SMB
IPaddr/Public files are in Seagate-NAS/Public/Music
UserID
Passwd
SeagateDR

I needed to use IPaddr instead of the NAS name and forgot to use the Public share. Took me ages to get it right. Best of fortune getting there.
(04-28-2018, 05:52 PM)aBrianH Wrote: I use a WD NAS.
SMB
IPaddr/Public files are in Seagate-NAS/Public/Music
UserID
Passwd
SeagateDR

I needed to use IPaddr instead of the NAS name and forgot to use the Public share. Took me ages to get it right. Best of fortune getting there.

me too
(04-28-2018, 05:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You will have to examine the MPD log to see why the files are not being indexed.

cat /var/log/mpd/log

-Tim

cat /var/log/mpd/log  command doesn't seem to be doing anything. Do I need to put sudo before it?

Martin
sudo not needed. The log might have been automatically cleared by the maintenance task.

Open Sources screen, click RESCAN then wait a bit, then view the log.