Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Amazon Music as a stream ?
I've installed Airfoil a windows airplay app and enabled airplay in moode and it tries to play but stutters horribly......Any idea what setting I need to fix/change?

Answer:Tune blade works......

Thanks
Rick
(09-19-2019, 08:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: After using Amazon Music HD for a few days now I can say without hesitation it's fantastic :-) Virtually my entire ripped CD collection is available as 16/44.1 or higher, lossless (FLAC) streams Even some of my vinyl rips which to the best of my knowledge were never released on CD appeared as HD albums :-)

Another great aspect of the service is that Amazon chose to use lossless FLAC format for it's streams :-)) You just can't beat that, and combined with the low price and super nice App its going to be a winner for sure.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/17/20869...tify-apple

-Tim

Fair play to them, Spotify have had years to launch a lossless / HD tier, they have had a mass of feedback on their community forums asking for it.  Like the idea of the price reducing if the customer is a prime member as well.
(09-19-2019, 08:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: After using Amazon Music HD for a few days now I can say without hesitation it's fantastic :-) Virtually my entire ripped CD collection is available as 16/44.1 or higher, lossless (FLAC) streams Even some of my vinyl rips which to the best of my knowledge were never released on CD appeared as HD albums :-)

Another great aspect of the service is that Amazon chose to use lossless FLAC format for it's streams :-)) You just can't beat that, and combined with the low price and super nice App its going to be a winner for sure.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/17/20869...tify-apple

-Tim

Tim are you using BT to stream AmazonHD or do you have a pc hooked up via USB? The article you linked the VP of Music said one wouldn't be able to hear the difference if streaming over BT. 

This service seems appealing (if they shutdown GPM) with FLAC and cheaper (family plan) than Tidal. Just need to know how I would maximize it's potential through Moode.
I stream it over Airplay which preserves 16/44.1 unaltered. Ideally, Amazon will at some point release its own casting protocol that also passes the HD streams unaltered. If they release it as Open Source it would be great otherwise a dev would have to take on the challenge of reverse engineering it fir the Open Source community.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-07-2020, 05:40 AM)akshitrana Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 05:06 PM)UpsiUps Wrote: Is anybody able to stream Amazon music through MoOde ? 

Mr. Google mentioned something , that you need to be a Commercial Device creator that wants to integrate that feature in there device, then you will get support or at least the possibilities. BUT you also need to integrate Alexa ( and send Amazon the data :-| ) So I wonder if somebody was able to just do it on MoOde ?

There are no APIs to integrate with Amazon Music and therefore this use case is not supported.

I'm trialling Amazon Unlimited HD at the moment & really like the app.  Of course the sq is excellent as everything is a minumum of 16/44.1.  After much deliberating I have a HiBy R6 Pro on order & will (hopefully) use the line out on that to stream Amazon HD music to my audio system when I don't have the flacs on my NAS to go through MoOde.  Will see how it performs, I wanted a decent portable headphone system to use with my HD650's anyway.

Looking at the Amazon app, I can see how it might be difficult to get a working open source solution.  I know you can choose to stream in "best", "HD" or "Standard" but there seems to be some validition in what the device hardware is capable of, unless you can fool that check of course?
New to Moode but I think it's great so far. Using bubble upnp to stream from my NAS. 

The only issue I have is that I cannot use my android phone to cast Amazon Music to Moode. It won't support airplay without rooting and using Airaudio.

Can anyone think of another way with android?
Bluetooth?
(06-10-2020, 08:06 PM)jonners Wrote: Bluetooth?

Don't really want to use Bluetooth. Streaming quality is better over WiFi. I believe Amazon hd will be using flac so don't want to lose anything.
I understand. Bluetooth would be my very last resort.
(06-10-2020, 06:45 PM)Eddy2020 Wrote: New to Moode but I think it's great so far. Using bubble upnp to stream from my NAS. 

The only issue I have is that I cannot use my android phone to cast Amazon Music to Moode. It won't support airplay without rooting and using Airaudio.

Can anyone think of another way with android?

There's bluetooth as suggested which I use in the car & a handful of bluetooth speakers around the house, but I wouldn't consider it for serious listening, the SQ is not there IMO.
There is no way to get MoOde to accept the Amazon stream at the moment, which is a shame, to listen to Amazon Music HD I have been using the line out from my HiBy R6 Pro into the RCA of my pre-amp & by-passing MoOde.

If you want better integration of a lossless streaming service you need to look at Tidal & Qobuz which you can stream to MoOde by Bubble.  Note that MoOde does not support Tidal Masters which are in MQA format & it's been mentioned that it never will support MQA.

For me it's a toss up between Tidal and Amazon for lossless & Hi Res streaming, Qobuz doesn't have the library to suit my musical tastes.

I've spent some days testing Amazon HD away from MoOde & comparing it to my own music on my NAS & Tidal & I have already decided to not renew the trial.
The App and library is fantastic, the library is on par with Spotify & I prefer the Amazon app.

I can't get the same listening experience from Amazon HD as I do my own flacs or Tidal Masters.

Using The Doors track LA Woman as an example, the Amazon file is 24/96 & sounds great, until I compare it to a DSD rip I have and the difference is night & day, the clarity of the opening 30 seconds of the song as the individual instruments appear on the DSD rip vs the Amazon HD 24/96 is obvious.
The Tidal Master sounds identical to the DSD rip.

This is listening using headphones on a HiBy R6 Pro.  The Amazon HD is listened to using the Amazon app, which is supported by HiBy & the DSD file and Tidal master stream are listened to using UAPP.
UAPP does not support Amazon Music.

I realise this is a bit of an apples / oranges comparision as the software is different, but the hardware is identical.

As I like headphone listening occasionally, I will ditch Amazon.