Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Sometimes last playlist not restored after switching off
Hello,
I'm having a little issue, which is kind of my own fault: I use a simple relay with IR remote control for switching off my whole audio system. That means, my RPi1b is not shut down gracefully. 
I guess this is the reason why sometimes(!) the last playlist (consisting of radios only) is not restored and consequently the auto-play feature doesn't work.
The moodelog did not show anything suspicious. 
Any ideas?

If this proves to be not solvable, is there a way to tweak a config file to start a playlist/radio automatically if the playlist is empty?

best wishes,
chris
(01-24-2019, 07:36 AM)abrakadabra2k Wrote: Hello,
I'm having a little issue, which is kind of my own fault: I use a simple relay with IR remote control for switching off my whole audio system. That means, my RPi1b is not shut down gracefully. 
I guess this is the reason why sometimes(!) the last playlist (consisting of radios only) is not restored and consequently the auto-play feature doesn't work.
The moodelog did not show anything suspicious. 
Any ideas?

If this proves to be not solvable, is there a way to tweak a config file to start a playlist/radio automatically if the playlist is empty?

best wishes,
chris

This is actually one of the worst you can do with your Raspberry Pi. Switching it OFF without proper system shutdown may corrupt your SD car or even worst cause a permanent damage to your SD card.

Proper power down prior powering OFF is highly, if not must!
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
I know. However I am doing this now for more than 6 years without any damage, (before moode I used kodi) so I'd like it to keep it that way.

Edit: OK, after some thinking, i of course can change some things, if it's not too much work... Like an out-of-the-box solution (I am thinking of a power bank and a little curcuit, for example)
Hello Chris,

I am switching off my system in a comparable way (and also do this with kodi) for several years now, without having any problems.

On my moOde, auto-shuffle and auto play after start are set to on.
On the playback screen, random and consume are activated.

MoOde always plays music after start, also when there is no playlist.

Herman
well, for me, sometimes it doesnt. I tried the same settings as Herman, but i found the same behaviour.
I took a closer look at the moode log:
If the player resumes music, i get:
20190125 234057 worker: Auto-playing id (1)
if not, this:
20190126 160243 worker: Auto-playing id ()