Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Connecting to a NAS
Hello everybody,

I wish I could retrieve music off a NAS to free the computer off the duty, when I try and manually add the NAS through the Moode interface it can't be connected, I dunno what is the problem but I guess being in the Samba share, I use a Mac and as such can't properly test the SMB connection, the address should be something like smb://TS-212._smb._tcp.local/xxx where TS-212 is my QNap NAS name and then xxx the folder containing music, is it correct like this?

Where can I find out how to add the NAS to Moode?

Grazie

Giovanni
(01-29-2019, 07:23 PM)Giuanniello Wrote: Hello everybody,

I wish I could retrieve music off a NAS to free the computer off the duty, when I try and manually add the NAS through the Moode interface it can't be connected, I dunno what is the problem but I guess being in the Samba share, I use a Mac and as such can't properly test the SMB connection, the address should be something like smb://TS-212._smb._tcp.local/xxx where TS-212 is my QNap NAS name and then xxx the folder containing music, is it correct like this?

Where can I find out how to add the NAS to Moode?

Grazie

Giovanni
Hmm, I am not sure if I get you correct: Have you installed MoOde on Mac ?  Or where is Moode installed ? 

If you want to share some files from your Mac you need to enable File Sharing in the controlpanel  of your Mac. Just ensure in the Options, that you share the as SMB and not as AFP.
This SMB Share is then what you need to setup in MoOde unter the Source Panel.

If you want to share files from your NAS, there neds also something like a SMB or NFS Share on teh NAS. And again you will setup the Share in MoOde under the Source Panel 

If you want to share files from your Nas to your Mac - and that has nothing to do with MoOde - you could either do this as AFP or SMB Share on the NAS and then use command-K on your Mac to connect to the NAS with afp://TS-212.your.domaine/share or smb://TS.your.domaine/share - forget the _xxx_.tcp : this will be done inernal by the Mac. You will need a user & PW for the connection - forget something like user@TS-212..... : this doesn't work reliable on macos

The case you want to share it to Mac and then to MoOde sounds a bit strange - I don't think that is the way you should do. At the end you could do it with the sharing enable I mentioned as first point.