Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode 4.4 suddenly stopped to work properly
Moode 4.4 (no tweaks), RPi 3B+, Pi2Design 502DAC, LPS.

Everything worked fine until I took out the microSD card from RPi 3B+. When I've put the microSD card back in 10 minutes - Moode booted, but instead of music there was a continuous buzz (sounds like the buzz 502DAC emits for a short time when turned on). At the same time, there were problems with interface - tracks could not be changed (and did not play), freeezes, white screens, etc. I tried to reboot, to switch off the power, to switch the HATs (I2S devices) in the settings, to remove/insert the microSD card, etc. - no changes.
Sometimes I saw an error message: openMpdSocket (): connection failed

When I inserted the microSD card with PiCorePlayer 4.1.0 RT - everything worked just fine.

What could it be?
(01-28-2019, 11:20 AM)4mayday Wrote: Moode 4.4 (no tweaks), RPi 3B+, Pi2Design 502DAC, LPS.

Everything worked fine until I took out the microSD card from RPi 3B+. When I've put the microSD card back in 10 minutes - Moode booted, but instead of music there was a continuous buzz (sounds like the buzz 502DAC emits for a short time when turned on). At the same time, there were problems with interface - tracks could not be changed (and did not play), freeezes, white screens, etc. I tried to reboot, to switch off the power, to switch the HATs (I2S devices) in the settings, to remove/insert the microSD card, etc. - no changes.
Sometimes I saw an error message: openMpdSocket (): connection failed

When I inserted the microSD card with PiCorePlayer 4.1.0 RT - everything worked just fine.

What could it be?

I can only assume that Moode has been installed and set up on a previous day and the RPi/Moode has been shut down/restarted at least once. Is it possible that on this particular occasion you have not SHUT DOWN Moode Player and turn the RPi power off OR the POWER CYCLE has not completed successfully before removing the uSD card. The fact that the RPi works fine with another uSD card (regardless the OS) sort of leads to this suspicion.

Before installing Moode on a different card (the original card may also be damaged not only corrupt) try re-inserting the original card and runniing the LEFT/RIGHT test, a RADIO station test and playing back a music file from a USB flash stick. The results of all these tests may be sufficient for drawing a final conclusion.
Thank you! 

Actually, I switched Moode off correctly - through menu. 
Anyway, I've heard that if one just suddenly power off RPi B3+, Moode could only not to save playlist.

What about an error message: openMpdSocket (): connection failed ? What could it mean?

I only understand that MPD failed to work - that's why I hear only that continuous buzz. 

Is it possible to write Moode 4.4 *.img file and not to erase extended file system on the microSD card? I've put 60 GB of music files on it. Wink
(01-28-2019, 12:25 PM)4mayday Wrote: Thank you! 

Anyway, I've heard that if one just suddenly power off RPi B3+, Moode could only not to save playlist.

What about an error message: openMpdSocket (): connection failed ? What could it mean?

I only understand that MPD failed to work - that's why I hear only that continuous buzz. 

Is it possible to write Moode 4.4 *.img file and not to erase extended file system on the microSD card? I've put 60 GB of music files on it. Wink

It's not possible to re-build the Moode OS without formatting the uSD card. If getting your music files backed-up is your worry then it may be possible to save files off the card if you connect that card to a computer:
- which runs a LINUX OS
- which runs a non-LINUX OS but it's got an application that can read LINUX-type files

Another solution is to use any computer and an ADMIN-type USB boot flash stick containing Recovery apps.
(01-28-2019, 01:53 PM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 12:25 PM)4mayday Wrote: Thank you! 

It's not possible to re-build the Moode OS without formatting the uSD card. If getting your music files backed-up is your worry then it  may be possible to save files off the card if you connect that card to a computer:
- which runs a LINUX OS
- which runs a non-LINUX OS but it's got an application that can read LINUX-type files

Another solution is to use any computer and an ADMIN-type USB boot flash stick containing Recovery apps.

Thank you!