Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

usability suggestions
let me first say moode is without question the finest music playback system I've tried.  I began dedicated digital playback experiments over 15 years ago, including building single board systems and trying many of the systems that have become available since that time.  Moode is clean, very fast, and handles much larger music indexes than any other system I have tried.  Hats off, and thanks.
That said, a couple of suggestions:

- if you browse to and play an album, switching to the playback screen, after a few minutes moode forgets where you were browsing, and you have to start all over again when you switch back to the browse screen.  If you have a large repository, this means a lot of scrolling (though moode's scrolling is very fast).  It would be very useful to have moode remember where your last browse was and offer to take you there (or do so by default), so you can continue where you left off browsing without selecting and scrolling through repositories.

- search results give tracks.  In many cases it would be very useful to have the option to return search results as albums rather than individual tracks. Another approach to achieving this capability would be to  be able to select a track in the search results and play the album it came from rather than the track.

thanks again for this clean, well-done music system.
Very odd the symptom "after a few minutes moode forgets where you were browsing, and you have to start all over again when you switch back to the browse screen"

Did you refresh the Browser?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-29-2019, 03:22 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Very odd the symptom "after a few minutes moode forgets where you were browsing, and you have to start all over again when you switch back to the browse screen"

Did you refresh the Browser?

no browser refresh.  to be completely clear, consider a use case.  My collection is organized by genre/artist/album, as many are.  Suppose I want to explore beatles albums.  I open the music screen, go to NAS/music/rock, and scroll down to beatles, and select an album, clear and play, then go to playback screen.  After a song or two, I want to change to another album: go back to music screen, which is still open to the beatles, and select a second album.  This time, I listen to most of the album, then decide to change again.  When I go back to music, apparently due to the longer time, I find myself at the home level for browsing: my context is gone.
This is consistent and easily repeatable (though you have to wait for the timeout (?) to be reached).  The identical problem occurs in rune and volumio.  I generally use firefox on an android tablet, or chrome on an android phone as my control device.  Another user has mentioned to me seeing this same problem.  Seems minor, but if you have 500 artists in a genre, thats a lot of repeat scrolling...