Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Favorites
A favorites folder, having used Deezer and Qubuz over the last couple of months, I have got use to adding my favorite tracks to a folder.

A recently added album folder, easy way to find/play your latest additions.
The favorites can be handled with a playlist called favorites. It would server the same purpose I believe, wouldn't it?
I don't think it's that simple. can you add a track to a playlist in moode on the fly? In Deezer I can listen to any track, press the favorite key and the track is added to the Favorites folder. I do use a favorite folder in moode, but I copy the tracks to it manually.
No, you are right, you can't.
(04-18-2018, 02:09 PM)kit1cat Wrote: I don't think it's that simple. can you add a track to a playlist in moode on the fly? In Deezer I can listen to any track, press the favorite key and the track is added to the Favorites folder. I do use a favorite folder in moode, but I copy the tracks to it manually.

@kit1cat

Right now, the Actions icon to the right of the tracks displayed in the Playback view offers three choices: Remove item(s), Move item(s), and Set for clock radio.

Suppose there were a fourth choice: Add to favorites, and that it added the track to a playlist named Favorites. The same fourth choice could be added to the Actions icons (which have different three choices: Add, Play, Clear/play) in the Browse and Library views.

I would imagine the supporting code would check if the Favorites playlist already exists and create it if it doesn't, then add the track to it. Removing tracks from the playlist would be done the way it is now; by loading (e.g., Clear/play) it into the Playback view, removing items, and saving it again.

This seems pretty straightforward to me since it would seem to leverage a lot of existing code (this coming from a guy who wrote exactly none of the code which would have to be modified!) Not so straightforward if the possibility of creating more than one Favorites playlist were desired (like I have favorite jazz, classical, pop, yada yada yada, according to my moods). Whole albums are a sticky point too. Adding one from the Library view simply loads up all the tracks. In my simplistic model, they'd have to be deleted individually. 

Would this scratch your itch?

Mind you, I'm not proposing to write the code Rolleyes I'm just trying to envision how the feature could be added without too much fuss.

Regards,
Kent
Sounds good to me Kent, perhaps even multiple folders, rock, soul, classical etc ?