Moode Forum

Full Version: Holo Spring 2 DAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!  Everyone,

Recently, I got a Holo Spring 2 DAC and attempted to connect pi3 with i2s via HDMI (i2s specification).  There is no "Holo Spring 2 DAC" under i2s audio device in Moode.  I tried almost all i2s devices available in the list but no lucks.  Is there any compatible devices supported or any workarounds?

Thanks
John
Isn't that a USB DAC??
Holo Spring 2 DAC comes with various input interfaces (USB, COAXIAL, AES, OPTICAL, HDMI). The problem I have is HDMI.
(02-05-2019, 10:28 AM)hellojohn777 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!  Everyone,

Recently, I got a Holo Spring 2 DAC and attempted to connect pi3 with i2s via HDMI (i2s specification).  There is no "Holo Spring 2 DAC" under i2s audio device in Moode.  I tried almost all i2s devices available in the list but no lucks.  Is there any compatible devices supported or any workarounds?

Thanks
John

Raspberry Pi does not support I2S over its HDMI port. You will have to get some sort of I2S-to-HDMI converter board that can be connected to the Pi.

The devices in moOde's I2S device list connect to the 40-pin header on the Raspberry Pi and use the GPIO pins that carry the I2S signal.