Moode Forum

Full Version: Include DLNA/UPnP server sources in Browse panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Mike,

Verify that the symlink still exists:

ls -l /var/lib/mpd/music

(04-23-2018, 12:02 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mike,

Verify that the symlink still exists:

ls -l /var/lib/mpd/music


I think so? It's listed with the other sources:

[Image: 9937644_l.jpg]
That looks ok. I assume /mnt/UPNP also exists.

It could be incompatibility of djmount code which AFAIK is 12 years old and has no recent forks or maintainers, and modern Linux.

(04-22-2018, 11:23 PM)MikeyFresh Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2018, 04:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for testing and verifying that it works. I'll have to think about possibly re-adding this to moOde but also seeing if its possible to prevent having both the UPNP mount and a NAS mount to the same source because then there will be duplicate entries in MPD database.


Hi Tim,

Just a quick follow-up on this one, after about 6 hours of showing the screen shot I posted above, I looked in the UPNP folder and there was nothing indexed. 
I waited a bit longer and then closed/reopened the browser, at which point it was no longer indicating "updating" and again it showed nothing indexed.
After rebooting the unit, the UPNP folder was gone, so something on my system (RPi3b + Moode 4.1) didn't allow for the actual scan/index to yield a result.
I'm wondering how @hjheins made out with his test?


Hi Mike,

no such issue here.
However I did have some issues generating the entries for Moode.
In the end 1 did 2 things:

To create the list, I ran (as root):
mpc update UPNP

Then I added to /etc/rc.local on a new line:
djmount -o allow_other,nonempty,iocharset=utf-8 /mnt/UPNP > /dev/null 2>&1 &

Now all is there and also runs fine over reboots.

Some updates on this:
djmount has some naggles:
- It shows my sources multiple times. This means I see the same song 5 times in the list.
- Songs are shorter (in minutes) when playing them from djmount on Moode
The weird thing is, that when I choose the folder listing on UPNP, everything is correct: playing time and the number of times an entry is showing up. Just in the artist, album etc.. lists, it is wrong.
Also: after some time (a couple of hours), djmount seems to loose connection, and I can not play from that source at all anymore.

all in all: not the best solution.

A small update:
I have been playing around with this and I have made some progress.

Currently I don't have the multiple instances of the same songs anymore
Also djmount is now completely stable. The issue it seems was not with djmount, but with libupnp...

However it requires some small changes from the commandline to make this work well.
My test has now been running stable and reliable for more than 12 hours.

I will write a small guide in the howto/faq section:here

Pages: 1 2