Moode Forum

Full Version: moOde 5 Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I prefer the darker themes. In fact I always have "Pure Black" active.
The trouble with the darker themes is that the border around some menus is hardly visible... They are more clear with the lighter themes. I just don't like them. But then again, who am I...
(03-09-2019, 11:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2019, 07:35 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 04:45 AM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]12. When Volume Control is set at "Disabled", moving the cursor over the "0dB" still shows you the "Mute toggle" text. Either you show this text, and then clicking on it also works (my pref) or you don't show the text at all…

Mute text when Volume controle is disabled

Update: Solved with patch from Tim

Tim,

Sorry, but this is also the case for the "Vol down" and "Vol up" buttons. The tooltips for these buttons also should be hidden...

Johan

Nice catch. I'll add to the bug fix list :-)

Oh, ehm, and I don't want to be annoying, but if it has to be done correctly, the cursor also shouldn't change into a pointing hand when hovering over the 0dB....
The menu background and alpha for darker themes may be something that @swizzle could look at :-)
(03-09-2019, 11:53 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2019, 11:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2019, 07:35 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 04:45 AM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]12. When Volume Control is set at "Disabled", moving the cursor over the "0dB" still shows you the "Mute toggle" text. Either you show this text, and then clicking on it also works (my pref) or you don't show the text at all…

Mute text when Volume controle is disabled

Update: Solved with patch from Tim

Tim,

Sorry, but this is also the case for the "Vol down" and "Vol up" buttons. The tooltips for these buttons also should be hidden...

Johan

Nice catch. I'll add to the bug fix list :-)

Oh, ehm, and I don't want to be annoying, but if it has to be done correctly, the cursor also shouldn't change into a pointing hand when hovering over the 0dB....

True. Added to fix list.

Same could be said for the time knob when radio station is playing.

Maybe its time to consider doing away with hand-cursors altogether ?? They don't appear at all on mobile/tablet anyway.
Good idea!
(03-09-2019, 11:45 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer the darker themes. In fact I always have "Pure Black" active.
The trouble with the darker themes is that the border around some menus is hardly visible... They are more clear with the lighter themes. I just don't like them. But then again, who am I...

There are no borders around the menus, only drop shadows. If the background is pure black then there’s no color darker to provide contrast. This is also why you almost never see pure black used as a background. If we added another parameter to the themes we could set the drop shadow color and make it a glow instead of a shadow for pure black but glow wouldn’t always be appropriate either, for example if you have cover backdrop enabled with a low alpha blend value on a light colored album cover, etc...
(03-10-2019, 03:53 AM)swizzle Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2019, 11:45 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer the darker themes. In fact I always have "Pure Black" active.

There are no borders around the menus, only drop shadows. If the background is pure black then there’s no color darker to provide contrast. This is also why you almost never see pure black used as a background. If we added another parameter to the themes we could set the drop shadow color and make it a glow instead of a shadow for pure black but glow wouldn’t always be appropriate either, for example if you have cover backdrop enabled with a low alpha blend value on a light colored album cover, etc...

In other words, I'll have to live with it?
In any case it still won't change my mind about keeping pure black :-)
Besides, a black BG consumes less power on my mobile...
(03-08-2019, 07:44 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]Saving the MPD settings also changes the ALSA volume settings back to 100%

This can be very painful for my ears Dodgy Angry

I think that, whatever you put in the ALSA volume, should stay there, no matter what, until you manually change it...

ALSA Volume setting will go back to 100% after saving MPD settings

BTW: restarting MPD service does not change this setting.

I agree.
I hate when it does back to 0% for any change.
(And I would probably hate it if it went always to 100%). 
It should stay the old value.

Roberto
The player at the bottom obscures the last part of a list when it is long enough, for instance when navigating the file hierarchy. then the latest elements of the list are under the player.
While navigating the file hierarchy I miss the ability to refresh the contents of a single folder.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20