Moode Forum

Full Version: moOde 5 Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(03-10-2019, 03:53 AM)swizzle Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2019, 11:45 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer the darker themes. In fact I always have "Pure Black" active.
The trouble with the darker themes is that the border around some menus is hardly visible... They are more clear with the lighter themes. I just don't like them. But then again, who am I...

There are no borders around the menus, only drop shadows. If the background is pure black then there’s no color darker to provide contrast. This is also why you almost never see pure black used as a background. If we added another parameter to the themes we could set the drop shadow color and make it a glow instead of a shadow for pure black but glow wouldn’t always be appropriate either, for example if you have cover backdrop enabled with a low alpha blend value on a light colored album cover, etc...

We could try a very subtle border in addition to or as a replacement for box-shadow. Something like below looks pretty good :-)

border:1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.2);
(03-10-2019, 02:12 PM)moodenigo Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 07:44 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]Saving the MPD settings also changes the ALSA volume settings back to 100%

This can be very painful for my ears Dodgy Angry

I think that, whatever you put in the ALSA volume, should stay there, no matter what, until you manually change it...

ALSA Volume setting will go back to 100% after saving MPD settings

BTW: restarting MPD service does not change this setting.

I agree.
I hate when it does back to 0% for any change.
(And I would probably hate it if it went always to 100%). 
It should stay the old value.

Roberto

Volume is set to 0 only for those configuration changes that alter the MPD volume mixer setting or if you change the audio device in System config. Auto-play is also turned off in these cases to ensure that playback does not automatically begin just in case the volume setting became corrupted and was left at a high value. These are just safety measures.

(03-10-2019, 02:15 PM)moodenigo Wrote: [ -> ]The player at the bottom obscures the last part of a list when it is long enough, for instance when navigating the file hierarchy. then the latest elements of the list are under the player.

Will investigate

(03-10-2019, 02:17 PM)moodenigo Wrote: [ -> ]While navigating the file hierarchy I miss the ability to refresh the contents of a single folder.

Are you referring to MPD DB update on a single folder?
Hello,

many thanks for this new Version. Installed without a problem. At the moment the system is scanning the Files.
I've been clicking around but was not abble to find the setting for "Gaples Audio Playback". Is this gone? Or is it always on. Perhaps I'm blind  Dodgy

Kind regards
  duke.g
I believe this option is deprecated.
(03-10-2019, 07:27 PM)duke.g Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

many thanks for this new Version. Installed without a problem. At the moment the system is scanning the Files.
I've been clicking around but was not abble to find the setting for "Gaples Audio Playback". Is this gone? Or is it always on. Perhaps I'm blind  Dodgy

Kind regards
  duke.g

In MPD 0.21 series "gapless mp3 playback" is enabled by default.
(03-10-2019, 07:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2019, 07:27 PM)duke.g Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Kind regards
  duke.g

In MPD 0.21 series "gapless mp3 playback" is enabled by default.

That's fine for me. Smile
Again, thank you very much.

duke.g
(03-10-2019, 03:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2019, 03:53 AM)swizzle Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2019, 11:45 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer the darker themes. In fact I always have "Pure Black" active.
The trouble with the darker themes is that the border around some menus is hardly visible... They are more clear with the lighter themes. I just don't like them. But then again, who am I...

There are no borders around the menus, only drop shadows. If the background is pure black then there’s no color darker to provide contrast. This is also why you almost never see pure black used as a background. If we added another parameter to the themes we could set the drop shadow color and make it a glow instead of a shadow for pure black but glow wouldn’t always be appropriate either, for example if you have cover backdrop enabled with a low alpha blend value on a light colored album cover, etc...

We could try a very subtle border in addition to or as a replacement for box-shadow. Something like below looks pretty good :-)

border:1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.2);

Can I try this somewhere to check if it suites me?
Turns out that a bug was causing insufficient contrast in the menu background (thx @swizzle). No need for subtle borders.

The fixes will be in the next patch for moOde 5 beta :-)
OK, I'm cool...
Created a new radio station and added artwork/logo.... all good and shows in the radio browser after a refresh and library and thumbnail update just for good measure...
However, selecting the station to play does not show the artwork... just stays at the default MooDe grey logo...
Is this correct behaviour or is there something else to be updated ??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20