Moode Forum

Full Version: moOde 5 Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
it's a bug. Fixed for next beta patch set.

If you reboot the logo will show up.
(03-10-2019, 02:17 PM)moodenigo Wrote: [ -> ]While navigating the file hierarchy I miss the ability to refresh the contents of a single folder.

Me too!
(03-10-2019, 04:10 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2019, 02:17 PM)moodenigo Wrote: [ -> ]While navigating the file hierarchy I miss the ability to refresh the contents of a single folder.

Are you referring to MPD DB update on a single folder?

That's the one!

Phil
Wouldn't u just go to Library config and update mpd db?
(03-11-2019, 01:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't u just go to Library config and update mpd db?

You could, but you'd be jumping all over the place just to rescan one folder which was there in front of you.

The old way was simpler and easier to understand.

Phil
Also, it's quicker to scan just the folder that you've added music to, rather than rescan the whole library.
But don't u have to go to the Library config screen anyway to update the Thumbnail cache after adding new music files?

It was essentially that assumption which was behind the decision to drop the "Update folder" function.
(03-10-2019, 04:10 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you referring to MPD DB update on a single folder?

Yes, I am.
(03-11-2019, 08:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]But don't u have to go to the Library config screen anyway to update the Thumbnail cache after adding new music files?

It was essentially that assumption which was behind the decision to drop the "Update folder" function.

I understand, but not everybody is using the cover view of the library.
Speaking of which, "update folder" could also update the Thumbnail cache for that folder., right?

Finally, it would be nice to have the albums ordered by Title, instead of by artist - as well as other ordering choices (i.e. the user could change than on the fly)

Keep up the good work. So far, I like moOde 5 beta very much.
I'd argue that most use the Tag and Album views of the Library and only a small percentage use the Folder view for finding music. It's still useful but it falls into a niche method for navigating a collection.

The thumbnail generator is based on mpd database and so it needs the db update to be complete b4 it's run. The problem is that the db update runs in the background and thus there would need to be some sort of monitor program running to detect when it finished and then launch the thumbnail update. Its hard to justify the dev effort for something like this.

Whats the usage scenario for having the Album view ordered by Title instead of by Artist?

-Tim
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20