Moode Forum

Full Version: moOde 5 Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
cat /var/log/mpd/log

or to monitor the log in real-time

tail -f /var/log/mpd/log
Thank you, Tim,

I verified that it takes about 3 minutes for me to reindex the entire 43000+ tracks library in a samba share from another raspberry on the LAN where my USB disk is attached: this is more than good enough for me!

So I do not really the "update folder" any more.
As a nice bonus monitoring the MPD log while reindexing, I spotted 10-15 "special characters" at the end of folder names (showing as a little square when accessing that folder on my Mac through Samba) that prevented the folder from being indexed correctly by MPD. All fixed removing the little "bastard" character at the end of the offending folders.
Thanks!
I propose a (very) small improvement.

When I enter a NAS source (NFS), the format moode expects is <ip>/<share>.

This is a bit counterintuitive for us UNIX guys, who usually enter the colon, as in 192.168.0.51:/path    But moOde currently accepts this input, creates the source, and then fails to mount it. Then the user has to be delete and re-create it correctly.

I propose to accept that colon. If for some reason you don't want to accept it, then at least it would be good to show an immediate error, as the input does not correspond to what moOde expects.
(03-17-2019, 12:40 PM)jv275475 Wrote: [ -> ]I propose a (very) small improvement.

When I enter a NAS source (NFS), the format moode expects is <ip>/<share>.

This is a bit counterintuitive for us UNIX guys, who usually enter the colon, as in 192.168.0.51:/path    But moOde currently accepts this input, creates the source, and then fails to mount it. Then the user has to be delete and re-create it correctly.

I propose to accept that colon. If for some reason you don't want to accept it, then at least it would be good to show an immediate error, as the input does not correspond to what moOde expects.

+1

It's the little things that count Smile

Regards,
Kent
I have a few DSD albums (less than a dozen out of 3500+ albums), very good registrations bought from https://www.soundliaison.com/

Also, I know I can easily convert them to PCM and they will play as well as the originals...

Having said that, using the same DSD capable DAC, Khadas Tone Board (card 1)
[Image: aplay-l_44.jpg]

The same DSD track, from the same album, played from the same location, gets decoded in different ways:

1) in Moode 4.4, the dac is recognized as DSD capable and the output is DSD

[Image: DSD64_44.jpg]

2) in Moode 5.0 beta, the DAC is NOT recognized as DSD capable and the output is PCM

[Image: DSD64_50.jpg]

Any idea?
Thanks
Stupid me.... Smile I know the answer.... just disabling the DSP operations! Sorry!!!!!
Hello and great job about this version 5 Wink

I've read the thread, and I think this little UI glitches has not been pointed out.

In the album pan, when something is playing, there is some margin missing. More than words, here are screenshots !

[attachment=552] [attachment=553]
Hi,

Fixed in upcoming Beta 2 :-)

-Tim
(03-18-2019, 09:47 PM)dw4y_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and great job about this version 5 Wink

I've read the thread, and I think this little UI glitches has not been pointed out.

In the album pan, when something is playing, there is some margin missing. More than words, here are screenshots !

The missing margin on the bottom isn’t missing. The idea is with the small screens that are generally used with moode that having hard margins to box the content into parts of the screen can feel claustrophobic, by having content extend to the edges of the screen and obscuring the underlying content with a translucent layer where needed it gives the impression of a larger space.

The other one seems legit though. Smile
I think we are good with latest code :-)

Screenie is from iPhone SE but I'm seeing same on desktop and iPad mini.

[attachment=554]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20