Moode Forum

Full Version: moOde 5 Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I don't quite understand #17. The sliders on the EQ's are already vertical.
(03-08-2019, 10:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]I don't quite understand #17. The sliders on the EQ's are already vertical.

Really?
ParaEQ at 0dB (all freq)
ParaEQ2 at -12dB (all freq)

How do you make them slide up and down?
I only can move the white dot from left to right to change the frequencies, but not the dB values.
Even when I type a value in the appropriate field (Gain (dB)), nothing changes.

I mean, I can hear a difference, but graphically nothing changes.
Very odd.

Here is what it looks like on an iPad Mini
[attachment=540]
Oh OK, once again, it's a web-UI problem.
I connected a monitor to the HDMI output and there I have a similar view than yours.
More work for Swizzle? :-)

But I have a question though: wouldn't it be more appropriate to show the gain in db's on the sliders than the frequency?
What client and Browser is showing the corrupted sliders?

The Parametric EQ uses a dB scale for gain but the Graphic EQ uses the weird Alsamixer scale which is neither linear nor dB.
(03-08-2019, 10:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]What client and Browser is showing the corrupted sliders?

The Parametric EQ uses a dB scale for gain but the Graphic EQ uses the weird Alsamixer scale which is neither linear nor dB.

Darned, I was using Edge.
Chrome looks OK (I can bang my head against the wall…)

But still, I don't get it... how does this work: (parametric EQ)
Do I set a certain gain (I have 4 options) and then I use the sliders for setting the frequency?

I would have thought  to set a certain frequency (like the 20Hz, the 180Hz, the 2kHz and the 11.7kHz) and then graphically set a gain, going from -24 to +24 db...
No complaints here Tim. Just wanted to offer my early impressions.

1. WOW thank god I can now group compilation albums by album name instead of artist. So much cleaner.
  2. Loving the new EQ config, very user friendly
  3. Getting used to the new way of accessing the playback, and music browsing. Also thanks for the alphabetical thing on the right hand side. Very handy.
  4. One niggling thing is when I click on the "edit mpd settings" it doesn't bring me to another screen, rather it just refreshes the audio config page. This happens in Firefox on Linux Mint.
So far so good man! Enjoying the beta.
(03-08-2019, 10:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]What client and Browser is showing the corrupted sliders?

@Tim Curtis

They're corrupted in Firefox on my Android and Linux Mint hosts. All the other browsers work on the same hosts but show solid rather than hollow vertical bars and solid horizontal rectangles rather than solid circles. I didn't bother rebooting my laptop into Windows 10.

Hooray for Internet standards!?!

Regards,
Kent
Tim and Swizzle...big thanks for the Firefox Fix !!

All works for mpd config and expand filesystem now.... Smile

I see that audio devices now include...
"- NEW: HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC"

Any plans for exposing the ADC as an input to mpd ? :-) !!??:-)
Use case....CD player, LP Player (via riaa preamp) etc thus making MooDe a full digital preamp.
(03-08-2019, 11:26 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]

@Tim Curtis

They're corrupted in Firefox on my Android and Linux Mint hosts. All the other browsers work on the same hosts but show solid rather than hollow vertical bars and solid horizontal rectangles rather than solid circles. I didn't bother rebooting my laptop into Windows 10.

Hooray for Internet standards!?!

Regards,
Kent

Yeah it’s a Firefox issue. Input sliders are a mess in general and there’s no real standard for how to do vertical but I’ll look into making FF behave.

The reason hdmi works compared to “webui“ is that it uses chrome to render things. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20