Moode Forum

Full Version: moOde 5 Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Did I find a small glitch? When browsing the library, I scroll the list down to the bottom, then the bar of the browser gets hidden behind the bottom bar that displays the song that is currently playing. A screenshot is attached.
Using MoOde version 5 patch 1 on a RPi3B, accessing it from Chrome on a PC with Windows 10.
(03-09-2019, 07:06 AM)frenchy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Working great on my old Pi 2B with a network cable and I'm enjoying the new Gui
Want to try it on a Zero W
Can I use that old trick of dumping ssh and wpa_supplicant.conf files into the root of the SD card once I've burnt the image?
Thanks!

Try the moodecfg.txt method.

Start with fresh image and then create /boot/moodecfg.txt file with all fields filled in. The system will automatically apply the changes during boot. It actually boots twice so be patient.

The format of the file is described in the Setup guide
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt

-Tim
(03-09-2019, 11:39 AM)jv275475 Wrote: [ -> ]Did I find a small glitch? When browsing the library, I scroll the list down to the bottom, then the bar of the browser gets hidden behind the bottom bar that displays the song that is currently playing. A screenshot is attached.
Using MoOde version 5 patch 1 on a RPi3B, accessing it from Chrome on a PC with Windows 10.

We will investigate.

You may want to try enabling Overlay-scrollbars for improved appearance :-) The location of the setting varies with versions of Chrome but it used to be at the link below
chrome://flags/#overlay-scrollbars
(03-09-2019, 11:39 AM)jv275475 Wrote: [ -> ]Did I find a small glitch? When browsing the library, I scroll the list down to the bottom, then the bar of the browser gets hidden behind the bottom bar that displays the song that is currently playing. A screenshot is attached.

The content is meant to slide behind the playbar which means the scrollable region extends to the bottom of the screen so that’s intentional. I could probably be persuaded to shrink the height of the scrollable region if scrollbars are visible and people really want it but when even people with mice use scrollwheels to scroll I don’t see much point in scrollbars for most apps except to show the position on the page and there are better ways to do that than always visible ugly white vertical bars.
(03-08-2019, 04:45 AM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]12. When Volume Control is set at "Disabled", moving the cursor over the "0dB" still shows you the "Mute toggle" text. Either you show this text, and then clicking on it also works (my pref) or you don't show the text at all…

Mute text when Volume controle is disabled

Update: Solved with patch from Tim

Tim,

Sorry, but this is also the case for the "Vol down" and "Vol up" buttons. The tooltips for these buttons also should be hidden...

Johan
(03-09-2019, 01:28 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 11:24 PM)metamodern Wrote: [ -> ]No complaints here Tim. Just wanted to offer my early impressions.

1. WOW thank god I can now group compilation albums by album name instead of artist. So much cleaner.
  2. Loving the new EQ config, very user friendly
  3. Getting used to the new way of accessing the playback, and music browsing. Also thanks for the alphabetical thing on the right hand side. Very handy.
  4. One niggling thing is when I click on the "edit mpd settings" it doesn't bring me to another screen, rather it just refreshes the audio config page. This happens in Firefox on Linux Mint.
So far so good man! Enjoying the beta.

Did you apply r50c-116-patch1?

It has some fixes that provide better support for Firefox.
Thanks Tim. The patch solved the Firefox problem. Loving all the additional settings that are available in this release.
(03-09-2019, 01:19 PM)swizzle Wrote: [ -> ]

The content is meant to slide behind the playbar which means the scrollable region extends to the bottom of the screen so that’s intentional. I could probably be persuaded to shrink the height of the scrollable region if scrollbars are visible and people really want it but when even people with mice use scrollwheels to scroll I don’t see much point in scrollbars for most apps except to show the position on the page and there are better ways to do that than always visible ugly white vertical bars.

I see your point. In my case, I have a very large library, so to find Yardbirds, I usually drag the slider to the very bottom. Also, the bigger the library, the smaller the slider, then it certainly feels weird to lose the slider behind the playbar. To drag it back up, I need to use the scrollwheel first, then drag the slider all the way up.

I'd definetely go for shrinking the section that scrolls, but that's just me, and I admit I'm old fashioned, and terrible with ergonomics...
(03-09-2019, 07:41 PM)jv275475 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2019, 01:19 PM)swizzle Wrote: [ -> ]

I see your point. In my case, I have a very large library, so to find Yardbirds, I usually drag the slider to the very bottom. Also, the bigger the library, the smaller the slider, then it certainly feels weird to lose the slider behind the playbar. To drag it back up, I need to use the scrollwheel first, then drag the slider all the way up.

I'd definetely go for shrinking the section that scrolls, but that's just me, and I admit I'm old fashioned, and terrible with ergonomics...

You can also just click the ‘y’ now.
(03-09-2019, 07:35 PM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 04:45 AM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]12. When Volume Control is set at "Disabled", moving the cursor over the "0dB" still shows you the "Mute toggle" text. Either you show this text, and then clicking on it also works (my pref) or you don't show the text at all…

Mute text when Volume controle is disabled

Update: Solved with patch from Tim

Tim,

Sorry, but this is also the case for the "Vol down" and "Vol up" buttons. The tooltips for these buttons also should be hidden...

Johan

Nice catch. I'll add to the bug fix list :-)
Couple updates:

- Latest shairport-sync 3.3 RC0 integrated It includes a really nice feature that virtually eliminates start/stop audio glitches.
- Progress on the MPD 0.21 / bluez-alsa compatibility issue :-)

Do we need some new Theme colors? The current list leans toward darker shades and I was thinking of adding some lighter shades.

[attachment=543]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20