Moode Forum

Full Version: Change librespot implementation to libresport-java
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First, congratulation and thanks for all the hard work you put on moOde. It is an awesome piece of software.

I listen to a lot of music on Spotify with moOde and gapless playback is a very important feature I need. Currently, I am using the Spotify Connect Web solution by RafaPolit described here. It works very well, but the original software is not maintained anymore and so can be broken as Spotify will change its API, and is not well integrated within moOde.

While conducting some research, I saw that the Java based fork of librespot supports gapless playback, have some interesting other features and seems actively maintained.

Could you look into this project and see if it would be possible to change the current librespot implementation by this one?

Greetings from France
Yes, it does look promising but I'd need some users to first test it out and report back before I reactivate my Spotify Premium account again and start to spend time looking into it.
(07-03-2019, 07:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it does look promising but I'd need some users to first test it out and report back before I reactivate my Spotify Premium account again and start to spend time looking into it.

You can count me in!
What I meant was that someone other than me needs to actually install and test java librespot and then develop a recipe that I can use to integrate and test it as a feature in moOde. AFAIK Raspbian Lite does not even include a java stack.
I would be able to install, test it and write some procedure to install and use it properly (how to install, dependencies needed, write a systemd daemon), but I won't be able to start to integrate it into moOde as I don't have the necessary skill set.

Also, I can help for the Spotify Premium account with a donation. :-)
That would be great :-)

It will need to be done on the latest 5.4 Beta 2 (Buster) release.

-Tim