Moode Forum

Full Version: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi wuffer79

Your display isn't supported by mpd_oled. However, it appears to be supported by luma.oled, and so you should be able to use it for something (even if that means writing a bit of Python). 

Adrian.
(09-02-2020, 08:46 AM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi wuffer79

Your display isn't supported by mpd_oled. However, it appears to be supported by luma.oled, and so you should be able to use it for something (even if that means writing a bit of Python). 

Adrian.

Thanks. I might have been a little too fast to order.  Tongue I will look at that link  Smile
Hi Adrii.
The problem of None-English characters display is not solved ?
Hi pavel_net

That is correct. mpd_oled only displays ASCII characters, and maps any other character to its nearest ASCII equivalent (which only really works for Latin alphabets). It is still my intention to add support for other languages, but there is no time frame for this.

Adrian.
(10-22-2020, 09:11 AM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pavel_net

That is correct. mpd_oled only displays ASCII characters, and maps any other character to its nearest ASCII equivalent (which only really works for Latin alphabets). It is still my intention to add support for other languages, but there is no time frame for this.

Adrian.

Okay, then tell me how to delete mpd_oled correctly, so that there is no conflict with another project.
Hi pavel_net

You should be able to uninstall mpd_oled with the following, untested, instructions

mpd_oled

Code:
sudo systemctl stop mpd_oled
sudo systemctl disable mpd_oled
sudo rm /etc/systemd/system/mpd_oled.service
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/mpd_oled

cava

Change to the cava build directory and run
Code:
sudo make uninstall

System Configuration

Go through the mpd_oled install instructions and undo any relevant configuration changes you made

Adrian.
Thank you, I hope to return to your project someday.
Hallo und vielen Dank für den interessanten Beitrag.
Ich habe ein 0,96 "-Display im Einsatz. Es läuft jedoch nur, solange ich mit Putty verbunden bin. Wenn Putty geschlossen ist, erlischt das Display.
Gibt es Hilfe?
Vielen Dank.
You should delete your post and repost it in English so everyone can understand.
(11-08-2020, 11:34 PM)dewosch Wrote: [ -> ]Hallo und vielen Dank für den interessanten Beitrag.
Ich habe ein 0,96 "-Display im Einsatz. Es läuft jedoch nur, solange ich mit Putty verbunden bin. Wenn Putty geschlossen ist, erlischt das Display.
Gibt es Hilfe?
Vielen Dank.
Google translate:
"I am using a 0.96 "display. It only works as long as I am connected to Putty. When Putty is closed, the display goes out. Is there any help?"

did you run,
Code:
sudo bash install.sh

before getting out?