Moode Forum

Full Version: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi officialsm

From the mpd_oled installation instructions for Moode

Quote:Patch the Moode source code. (Note: you may be able undo the patch and return to the original Moode code by running the same command but with an extra -R option i.e. patch -R -d/..., you could do this before a Moode update and then run the original patch command again after the update).

sudo patch -d/ -p0 -N < /usr/share/mpd_oled/moode/moode7_mpd_fifo.patch  # Patch Moode 7

Did you do this? (Don't do it if you didn't already do it!)

These Moode patches are not good for anyone though. I am not going to produce them any more.

I posted an ALSA method for configuring the audio copy on Moode 7, but I received no feedback about it, so I don't know if it is working for other people

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...4#pid30974

Adrian.
(03-19-2021, 07:39 AM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi officialsm

From the mpd_oled installation instructions for Moode

Quote:Patch the Moode source code. (Note: you may be able undo the patch and return to the original Moode code by running the same command but with an extra -R option i.e. patch -R -d/..., you could do this before a Moode update and then run the original patch command again after the update).

sudo patch -d/ -p0 -N < /usr/share/mpd_oled/moode/moode7_mpd_fifo.patch  # Patch Moode 7

Did you do this? (Don't do it if you didn't already do it!)

These Moode patches are not good for anyone though. I am not going to produce them any more.

I posted an ALSA method for configuring the audio copy on Moode 7, but I received no feedback about it, so I don't know if it is working for other people

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...4#pid30974

Adrian.

I obtain this error:

sudo patch -d/ -p0 -N < /usr/share/mpd_oled/moode/moode                                      7_mpd_fifo.patch  # Patch Moode 7

patching file /var/www/command/worker.php
Hunk #1 FAILED at 404.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /var/www/command/worker.php                                      .rej
patching file /var/www/inc/playerlib.php
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file /var/www/inc/playerlib.ph                                      p.rej
Hi officailsm

My understanding is that the patch command you just ran didn't change your system, and also that the patch is not compatible with Moode 7.1. As I will not be making a new patch the only option for configuring the audio copy is the ALSA method I gave. I will update the install instructions to say not to apply the patch on Moode 7.1.

Adrian.
(03-19-2021, 08:36 AM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi officailsm

My understanding is that the patch command you just ran didn't change your system, and also that the patch is not compatible with Moode 7.1. As I will not be making a new patch the only option for configuring the audio copy is the ALSA method I gave. I will update the install instructions to say not to apply the patch on Moode 7.1.

Adrian.

Thank you but in my case it is not working. Display make continuos flickering. I revert che configuration but for mistake i deleted the alsa.conf file (and also /etc/asound.conf)
Could you help me to restore it?

pi@Simoode-audio:~ $ cat /proc/asound/modules
 0 snd_bcm2835
 1 snd_bcm2835
 2 snd_usb_audio

i created a new alsa.conf but in moodeutl -l i have this error:

20210319 120532 worker: ALSA Invalid card number. volume (Invalid card number.)
Hi officialsm

Could you tell me what Pi and what OLED (SSH1106 or SSD1306, and I2C or SPI) you are using so I can check if anyone else has flickering with this setup.

What is the 'alsa.conf' file? Is it the /etc/asound.conf file or the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file or some other file? Was there anything in it before?

Maybe it was some file written by Moode that assigns your USB soundcard device 0, in which case perhaps you could recreate it by selecting your audio device again in the Moode UI.

Adrian.
(03-19-2021, 11:16 AM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi officialsm

Could you tell me what Pi and what OLED (SSH1106 or SSD1306, and I2C or SPI) you are using so I can check if anyone else has flickering with this setup.

What is the 'alsa.conf' file? Is it the /etc/asound.conf file or the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file or some other file? Was there anything in it before?

Maybe it was some file written by Moode that assigns your USB soundcard device 0, in which case perhaps you could recreate it by selecting your audio device again in the Moode UI.

Adrian.

using OLED I2C 2,42" display with SSD1306 driver
Hi Adrian,

I started installing the binary and after installing this,
Code:
sudo bash mpd_oled_moode_install_latest.sh

the chromium memory kept increasing and locked Moode.

is there a way to uninstall whatever it installed?
I just made a fresh install of Moode 7.1 and followed the instructions for making a copy using an ALSA configuration given at

https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/issues/65

It is working correctly although is a "little" unresponsive on a Pi Zero, as the CPU is generally running 95% - 100%. It looks llike Cava uses maybe 1.5x CPU with ALSA input compared to FIFO input. And, although I am using the flat setting on the Graphic Equaliser maybe that is also contributing some CPU usage (?).

Anyway, I am making good progress on the U8G2 version of mpd_oled, and this reduces the CPU usage by around 4% (of total available CPU) compared to the Adafruit library, which might be enough to restore the responsiveness, maybe...

Adrian.
Hi Alain

I think you will find the chromium-browser excessive memory usage is a known issue, and nothing to do with the script, but if you would like to remove the packages that the script installed

Code:
sudo apt remove mpd-oled
sudo apt autoremove

Adrian.
Yes, I have been running with this problem since 7.0.1.
the new update, 7.1 can run for hours without any problem, but as soon as I start this install , chromium goes crazy.
Am I the only guy to seeing this problem?

Thanks, I wiil do the removing stuff.

After removing the script, chromium was still increasing as soon as Moode was on.
I had to re-install Moode, and now it's working fine, Chromium stays at 12%.

I guess Moode is just not for me, 6.7.1 was fine, Volumio is fine. No luck with Moode 7.