Moode Forum

Full Version: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-20-2021, 09:38 PM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi officialsm

You should add add a line to `/etc/modules`
Code:
snd-aloop

And in `/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf` you should have
Code:
options snd-aloop index=-2

Adrian.

For me still not working (flickering issue and BubbleUPNP not starting to play). Maybe updated Moode is not similar to fresh mew installation
Hi officialsm

Could you check if you have more than one copy of mpd_oled running

Code:
ps ax | grep mpd_oled

A second running copy of mpd_oled caused a similar issue:  https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/is...-803346452

If not, could you describe the flickering in more detail. For example, does it happen on the "stop" (clock) screen? Does it just happen in the spectrum area? How often does the screen flicker, e.g 10 times per second, or one time every every ten seconds. What is the flicker e.g. a blank screen, a white screen, something else?

Also, what Pi are you using, and are you using the mpd_oled -I option?

Adrian.
(03-21-2021, 01:04 PM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi officialsm

Could you check if you have more than one copy of mpd_oled running

Code:
ps ax | grep mpd_oled

A second running copy of mpd_oled caused a similar issue:  https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/is...-803346452

If not, could you describe the flickering in more detail. For example, does it happen on the "stop" (clock) screen? Does it just happen in the spectrum area? How often does the screen flicker, e.g 10 times per second, or one time every every ten seconds. What is the flicker e.g. a blank screen, a white screen, something else?

Also, what Pi are you using, and are you using the mpd_oled -I option?

Adrian.

Hi,
installed using scripts. 
The first time effect is something like that all the screen flickering, The effect is that all will be confused everywhere, like shackering all.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the second effect is something like a sull fast refresh.
Here some pictures
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

I started with 
sudo mpd_oled -o1 -c alsa,hw:Loopback,1 &
Hi officialsm

The images you posted are unlikely to be caused by an issue relating to the audio copy. What is the output of the command
Code:
ps ax | grep mpd_oled

Adrian.
(03-21-2021, 07:59 PM)officialsm Wrote: [ -> ]I started with 

I just noticed that you started the command in the background with a '&', so you will get the command prompt back and have the possibility of running a second copy of mpd_oled.

If you start mpd_oled without '&' then you will need to stop it with Ctrl-C to get the command prompt, and so there is less chance of running a second copy of mpd_oled.

Adrian.
(03-21-2021, 08:35 PM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2021, 07:59 PM)officialsm Wrote: [ -> ]I started with 

I just noticed that you started the command in the background with a '&', so you will get the command prompt back and have the possibility of running a second copy of mpd_oled.

If you start mpd_oled without '&' then you will need to stop it with Ctrl-C to get the command prompt, and so there is less chance of running a second copy of mpd_oled.

Adrian.
Hi Adrian,
now is the fifth time i made a new installation. Now screen is not flickering, but i still cannot see equalizer bars (i activated a flat eq in menù).

After each time i ran ps command and the output was always this:

pi@Simoode-audio:~ $ ps ax | grep mpd_oled
  369 ?        Dsl    0:02 /usr/bin/mpd_oled -o6 -b 10 -g 1 -f 20
  402 ?        S      0:00 sh -c mpd_oled_cava -p /tmp/cava_config_IRKfet
  403 ?        Sl     0:00 mpd_oled_cava -p /tmp/cava_config_IRKfet
 2148 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto mpd_oled

Here command history:

368  cd mpd_oled_moode_audio_copy_scripts/
  369  sudo bash mpd_oled_moode_audio_copy_install
  370  sudo mpd_oled -o1 -c alsa,hw:Loopback,1
  371  ps ax | grep mpd_oled
Hi officialsm

If the screen flickers again then run the ps command while the screen is flickering and post the output.

Did you reboot and enable the graphic equaliser after running 'sudo bash mpd_oled_moode_audio_copy_install'?

Adrian.
(03-21-2021, 08:45 PM)officialsm Wrote: [ -> ]pi@Simoode-audio:~ $ ps ax | grep mpd_oled

Here command history:

I have just noticed that the ps command shows you are running 'mpd_oled -o6', while your screen appears to need 'mpd_oled -o1', so this will also be a source of problems.

Adrian.
(03-22-2021, 07:58 AM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2021, 08:45 PM)officialsm Wrote: [ -> ]pi@Simoode-audio:~ $ ps ax | grep mpd_oled

Here command history:

I have just noticed that the ps command shows you are running 'mpd_oled -o6', while your screen appears to need 'mpd_oled -o1', so this will also be a source of problems.

Adrian.

Started with 
sudo mpd_oled -o6 -c alsa,hw:Loopback,1

Still no graphic eq bars. Raspbery is the 4th. Equalizers is enabled with flat.
But i cannot see bars
Hi officialsm

Please start mpd_oled and play the BBC Radio 1 radio station. Look at the spectrum area and check that there are no spectrum bars at all. Leave the radio running for 15 minutes and check again that there are no spectrum bars (as they may start at a very low level and then increase over time.

If there are still no spectrum bars, leave mpd_oled running and post the output of the following seven commands (all of them)

Code:
aplay -l

Code:
aplay -L

Code:
cat /etc/asound.conf

Code:
cat /etc/modules

Code:
cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

Code:
cat /var/local/www/currentsong.txt