Moode Forum

Full Version: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi stanfordcg

I have just updated the mpd_oled repository with a new patch created against Moode 5.0 (which appears to be the current version).

You will need to ensure you have clean copies of /var/www/command/worker.php and /var/www/inc/playerlib.php. If you rerun the patch command before updating the mpd_oled repository then the command will hopefully give you the option to undo the changes from the first time you ran it. If, after updating the mpd_oled repository, the new patch applies cleanly, then all should be good.

If there are any issues applying the patch to a fresh copy of Moode 5.1 then please let me know.

Adrian.
Did a fresh install of 5.0, then updated to 5.1. installed Cave and mpd_oled no problems, display working. However moode has stopped working. If I try to access the library I get "lib-config: Connection to MPD failed". tried rebooting without the display running no difference. Not sure if this is a moode problem or the display setup.

Will try again from scratch..
Fresh install 5.0 - install mpd-OLED - Upgrade to 5.1 worked....Perhaps i did something wrong the first time.

Thanks
Still have a problem after updating 5.1, the cava is not working on the display. 

Tried:
sudo cp mpd_oled_fifo.conf /usr/local/etc/
sudo patch -d/ -p0 -N < moode_mpd_fifo.patch

However that brakes MPD and i get "lib-config: Connection to MPD failed".
Hi stanfordcg

I have updated my system to 5.1 and can confirm the issue. It seems that there are changes in 5.1 that disallow the editing of system files, which is what happens when the patch is applied. Here is some relevant discussion: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...35#pid9935 

You can work around this by running the following two commands

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/command/worker.php'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/inc/playerlib.php'"

I am not entirely sure of the best steps afterwards, as I did a number of things, but the following should work:
  1.    reboot
  2.    go to the Web UI and run Configure > Audio > MPD options EDIT OPTIONS > SAVE
  3.    reboot again.
Adrian.
(05-07-2019, 06:59 PM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi stanfordcg

I have updated my system to 5.1 and can confirm the issue. It seems that there are changes in 5.1 that disallow the editing of system files, which is what happens when the patch is applied. Here is some relevant discussion: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...35#pid9935 

You can work around this by running the following two commands

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/command/worker.php'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/inc/playerlib.php'"

I am not entirely sure of the best steps afterwards, as I did a number of things, but the following should work:
  1.    reboot
  2.    go to the Web UI and run Configure > Audio > MPD options EDIT OPTIONS > SAVE
  3.    reboot again.
Adrian.

cava still not working for me. Did you install mpd-oled on 5.0 then online upgrade to 5.1 or install mpd_oled after upgrading to 5.1?
Got it working, re-applied the patch, reboot, save options, reboot.

Thanks......
I installed mpd_oled on 5.0, where it was working, and then updated to 5.1. I ran the patch command again because the files patched in 5.0 were overwritten by the update. I am not entirely sure of my steps after that because I was investigating the issue.

The immediate problem is that /etc/mpd.conf does not get updated (because the system will not generate a new configuration when the system files have been modified), and so there is no data for cava to read. Check if /etc/mpd.conf includes a section for mpd_oled at the end

Code:
cat /etc/mpd.conf

# add a FIFO to be read by a cava, which is run as a subprocess of mpd_oled
audio_output {
       type            "fifo"
       name            "mpd_oled_FIFO"
       path            "/tmp/mpd_oled_fifo"
       format          "44100:16:2"
       #buffer_time     "500000"
}

If it does you should be able to restart mpd, or reboot, and mpd will write the FIFO that Cava needs. If it doesn't, reapply the mpd_oled patch for moOde and it should report that the patch has already been applied. Check the file with the extra mpd.conf configuration is available

Code:
cat /usr/local/etc/mpd_oled_fifo.conf

# add a FIFO to be read by a cava, which is run as a subprocess of mpd_oled
audio_output {
       type            "fifo"
       name            "mpd_oled_FIFO"
       path            "/tmp/mpd_oled_fifo"
       format          "44100:16:2"
       #buffer_time     "500000"
}

Rerun the two sqlite3 commands from my previous message, and then reboot, save MPD, and reboot again. Check if /etc/mpd.conf now includes the extra section for mpd_oled at the end.

Adrian.
I'm pleased you have it working. I'll update the mpd_oled install instructions.

Adrian.
Hi, I'm trying to get things to work as well on a fresh Moode5.2 install.
I'm following the instruction provided, but when i get to execute the sqlite3 commands i get an error saying 'read only'

Code:
root@moode:/var/local/www# sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/command/worker.php'"
Error: read only
root@moode:/var/local/www# sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/inc/playerlib.php'"
Error: read only

I'm logged in as root and looking at the file permissions i should be able to read/write/execute 

Code:
root@moode:/var/local/www/db# ls -lh
total 108K
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root staff  52K May 15 11:40 moode-sqlite3.db
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root staff  52K May 13 13:07 moode-sqlite3.db.default
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root staff 2.1K May 13 13:07 moode-sqlite3.db.schema

Any thoughts?