Moode Forum

Full Version: How to install Audiophonics PI-SPC II scripts??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks!

I've recently purchased and built the Rasptouch chassis for my Raspberry Pi3B+. All is (fingers crossed) working well. However I am a COMPLETE 100% newbie when it comes to adding scripts to Moode.

I need to install the Moode scripts from the following location to enable the on/off switch to work properly using the Audiophonics PI-SPC II power management board. There is another post here that does something similar, but I want to do this by the book using the two Moode scripts provided at the link below:

https://github.com/audiophonics/Raspberr...management

I will be using Terminal on my iMac to login to my Pi. If anybody could possibly give me a step by step beginners guide to doing this I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you Smile

John
Hi John,

I may have missed something in your query but the Github link you posted has the instructions right there on the readme. Is that not working for you?
Yes I saw that. Not beginner friendly, which is why I started this thread. I’m literally starting from scratch with doing this.
(10-02-2019, 11:31 AM)JohnM73 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I saw that. Not beginner friendly, which is why I started this thread. I’m literally starting from scratch with doing this.

That's about as beginner friendly as it can be by the looks of it, there's nothing compicated there.

For example under the title "Installation of power button status on vanilla Raspbian" (Moode is running on Raspbian) all it is showing you are the commands for creating a new directory "/usr/lib/audiophonics", downloading two files to it from Github (using wget), creating a couple of symbolic links (with ln), making the script executable and enabling a service in systemd.
Pretty much a straight forward copy & paste jobbie.

Open a terminal, ssh to your Moode box and follow the first three bits of the readme, go on it won't bite Wink

PS: don't know what the Volumio plugin's for but Moode ain't Volumio so I suppose it's not needed in your case if running Moode.
Sorry for the late reply life/health issues got in the way. Turns out I can use the power on/off button without the script, I just have to remember to do a shutdown of Moode before powering off. I will give this script malarky a try however! Got a spare SD card now and will practise.