Moode Forum

Full Version: AirPlay 2 support (including multiroom)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know it’s in early stages, but since the protocol has been reverse engineered, I hope this makes it to MoOde some day.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/12/05/airplay-2-cracked/
Hey I stumbled on this while I was drinking my coffee this morning.   It looks like Shariport-Sync has recently released an experimental build for Airplay 2 support so once they get all the bugs worked out it might make it's way into moOde.  I'm not an apple user and generally don't use multi-room audio either but I figured I'd share in case others are interested.  

https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-s...IRPLAY2.md
I just installed the dev revision of shairport-sync with airplay 2 support on the latest Moode Audio.
It's working nicely! I will test some days ?

The GUI settings are working also (the name, enable/disable, etc.)

I'm using a HifiBerry Amp2 & Raspberry Pi 3B+
(07-10-2021, 07:27 PM)acresp Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed the dev revision of shairport-sync with airplay 2 support on the latest Moode Audio.

@acresp

any guidance on how to do this?
(07-28-2021, 06:05 PM)yorhodes Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2021, 07:27 PM)acresp Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed the dev revision of shairport-sync with airplay 2 support on the latest Moode Audio.

@acresp

any guidance on how to do this?

You can easily follow the guide to build the last dev version of Shairport-Sync on git here
I didn't change anything else in Moode, using the last version.
For the moment I have to say that I'm really impressed, it's working reliably, with multiroom support & partial homekit integration (like telling Siri to play something in a certain zone = it works!)
It will be very interesting to have this feature in the next MoOde 7.4.0 release.
Based on the statement below from the Shairport-sync maintainer ut does not appear to be ready for production use. 

Code:
"This code is experimental and much of the normal functionality of Shairport Sync is broken. Please do not use it in situations where reliable service is expected."
(08-15-2021, 12:28 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Based on the statement below from the Shairport-sync maintainer ut does not appear to be ready for production use. 

Code:
"This code is experimental and much of the normal functionality of Shairport Sync is broken. Please do not use it in situations where reliable service is expected."

@Tim Curtis
Thanks by your information. I saw at the Github that the persons that are experimenting this new Airplay 2 version is having good results, particularly related to the YouTube integration.  Let's keep track of the progress of this Airplay 2 development in order to allow the  MoOde integration  when the reliability level has been achieved.

Thanks. QJA
It seems that the Shairport-Sync Aiplay 2 was released. Is it possible to integrate it in a future Moode version?

https://github.com/topics/airplay-2

Thanks in advance. QJA 

Marcos
Pages: 1 2