Moode Forum

Full Version: dac recommendation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I m running moode on rspi4. I m planning to add a dac. i have some cheap usb dac but i wanted to buy one expansion board. Do you have any recommendation and compatibility with moode? thank you in advance
How much do you want spend?  Rolleyes

Click the "audio devices" button on the moOde website (moodeaudio.org) to see a list of 71 I2S DACs reported to work with moOde and its set of drivers as well as Tim's summary comment about USB DACs.

Recommendation? Sorry, I wouldn't presume. If you like technical reviews, I can recommend Anwar's https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php. If you suffer from audiophilia nervosa [1], then I'm sure there are reviewers to suit your taste, I just don't read any of them.

Regards,
Kent

[1] Audiophilia nervosa describes the anxiety resulting from the never-ending quest to obtain the ultimate performance from one's stereo system by means of employing state-of-the-art components, cables, and the use of certain "tweaks." urbandictionary.com
thanks for the response
its for home use something reasonable Tongue
to be honest even the cheap usb audio card that i have sounds good enough for me.just i was thinking to upgrade it with one card. I care mostly to have audio jack / rca ports.
i saw some audio cards on amazon but i wasnt sure for the quality.
can i post one that i found from amazon to tell me if its good enough? i read that using allo boss dac
(05-21-2020, 03:11 AM)giorgosperi Wrote: [ -> ]can i post one that i found from amazon to tell me if its good enough? i read that using allo boss dac

Post away by all means if it's relevant to the subject...