Moode Forum

Full Version: HiFiBerry DAC2 HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
@Tim Curtis anything I can do to test with my hifiberry dac2 HD board that could help you?
@Tim Curtis @TheOldPresbyope anyone still alive here?
I realy miss moode audio....but can't use it with my hifiberry dac2. If I can help to make it work I would be glad to do so.
(09-08-2020, 08:55 AM)MrHifiTunes Wrote: [ -> ]@Tim Curtis @TheOldPresbyope  anyone still alive here?  
I realy miss moode audio....but can't use it with my hifiberry dac2.  If I can help to make it work I would be glad to do so.

I suggest you go back to the beginning of this thread and read posts #2, #4, and #8.

And, yes, I'm still alive, thanks for asking. I used to use Carl Reiner's gag "I wake up in the morning. I read the obituaries in the newspaper. If my name isn't in them, I make coffee." Sadly, Carl recently died at the age of 98 and the joke has lost its appeal.

Regards,
Kent
From what i understand, you need to add a entry in moOde database:
Code:
sudo sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db " INSERT INTO cfg_audiodev (id, name, dacchip, chipoptions, iface, list, driver, drvoptions) VALUES (148, 'HiFiBerry DAC2 HD', 'Burr Brown PCM5121', '100,0,FIR interpolation with de-emphasis', 'I2S', 'yes', 'hifiberry-dacplushd', '');"

And add an exception for the mixer name (DAC):
Code:
sudo nano -l /var/www/inc/playerlib.php

Line 1754

Code:
    // I2S exceptions
    elseif ($i2sdevice == 'HiFiBerry Amp(Amp+)') {
        $mixername = 'Channels';
    }
    elseif ($i2sdevice == 'HiFiBerry DAC+ DSP') {
        $mixername = 'DSPVolume';
    }
    elseif ($i2sdevice == 'Allo Katana DAC' || ($i2sdevice == 'Allo Piano 2.1 Hi-Fi DAC' && $_SESSION['piano_dualmode'] != 'None')) {
        $mixername = 'Master';
    }
    elseif ($i2sdevice == 'HiFiBerry DAC2 HD') {
        $mixername = 'DAC';
    }

I don't have this DAC, so i can't test and I dont know if it's enough or if DAC's informations are acurate.
@TheOldPresbyope Good to hear you're still alive and kicking Wink.

I read the whole thread...@Frank79 was going somewhere and getting close but seems he gave up and went for Volumio.
For me Volumio and HifiberryOS is no option....so no musicplayer for me Sad...
Maybe with some help I can get somewhere....but Im just a newby with lunix.
I discovered that the config.txt file in HifiberryOS has following for a hifiberry DAC2 HD DAC board  :

dtparam=i2c=on
dtparam=spi=on
dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d,audio=off

Hifiberry has a new update for linux upgrade to linux 5.14.   In this update the have an other 
dtoverlay to hifiberry_dachd...but doenst seem to work.  the board is nt recognised anymore.

Can Moode  work this overlay (dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d,audio=off)  Or is more needed to make it work?   Is it worth a try?
I have just discovered the hidden gem that is Moode.

I was very excited to get it up and running on my DAC+ ADC Pro, and planned to use on my other HiFiBerry’s, including one with the DAC2 HD.

Any news on support for this?

I have read the thread and understand the different different arguments.

Bottom line for me is that I want to switch to Moode, but cannot until this DAC is supported too Sad

Happy to test on my DAC2 HD and provide feedback, if that helps?
(12-08-2020, 01:23 AM)yaraman@gimmesomemore.com Wrote: [ -> ]I have just discovered the hidden gem that is Moode.

I was very excited to get it up and running on my DAC+ ADC Pro, and planned to use on my other HiFiBerry’s, including one with the DAC2 HD.

Any news on support for this?

I have read the thread and understand the different different arguments.

Bottom line for me is that I want to switch to Moode, but cannot until this DAC is supported too Sad

Happy to test on my DAC2 HD and provide feedback, if that helps?
Hello, the very same situation here. I have bought HiFiBerry DAC2 HD, tried PiCore, Volumio, Moode, even the HiFiBerry own app. Selected Moode and now using the RPi line output :-( because the HiFiBerry is not supported. I do not wish to dig into why not, but lesson learned is: "Select the player first and after the board!" I will go pragmatic..sell HiFiBerry for small money, buy Allo.
Interesting to know that the Hifiberry DAC2 HD is that good.
I can't find the Katana currently in any shop. Even on the Allo website, you can't put it in the basket. 
Not sure if it is just temporarily not available or complete out of production.

As an happy Hifiberry DAC+ Pro user I would like to build a second system. I'm also tempted in buying the Hifiberry DAC2 HD, however only if there would be a moode support.
The Katana is no longer in production I believe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6