Moode Forum

Full Version: Bluetooth playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I am very new here and hope someone can help. I have some DSD files stored on a usb hard drive and can play them fine using wired connection but when using it set to Bluetooth it says no such device. I can play all my flac files via Bluetooth no problem. So what am I doing wrong. I have a pi 4 with a justboom dac hat.
What does this mean "it says no such device"?
Some times it just says that other times it comes up with this message
Failed to open "ALSA bluetooth" (alsa); Error opening ALSA device "btstream"; snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: Invalid argument

Can someone explain this to me and point me in the right direction please.
This message "Failed to open "ALSA bluetooth" means there is no Bluetooth connection.
But when playing flac files it plays perfecty over Bluetooth
This message "Error opening ALSA device "btstream"; snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: Invalid argument"suggests MPD is decoding the DFS file to a PCM format that the Bluetooth plugin doesn't like.

You could try setting SoX resampling to either 16 bit / * kHz or 16 bit /44.1 kHz
Thanks for that I will try it and let you know.
Hi Tim, I tried that but it did not work. I have resolved the problem by setting the player to send to local instead of Bluetooth and have connected a Mpow APTX HD Bluetooth sender unit and it now plays over my Bowers and Wilkins Headphones superbly. I love this player software, the best I have tried.