Moode Forum

Full Version: Accesspoint question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I'm new to Moode and sorry this is such a basic issue but hope you can help...  

I know nothing about Moode (yet) but I have my smartphone connected to Moode's accesspoint which seems to be working. 

So I was wondering if there is any reason why this won't play in my car as a media player, by using the AP facility. 

I'd really appreciate any comments you more experienced guys have on this as it will save me a shed load on time and frustration. Thanks.
In the past we’ve had folks drop inon this forum who were building “car radio” installations. Haven’t head from them lately. IMHO the electronics are easy compared to the “distracted driver” problem.

Regards,
Kent
(07-27-2020, 11:03 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]In the past we’ve had folks drop inon this forum who were building “car radio” installations. Haven’t head from them lately. IMHO the electronics are easy compared to the “distracted driver” problem.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent

Thanks for the reply and I have to say I'm in 100% agreement with you about the driving. But if you sort your playlist out before you travel, for me that would be a great start. But thanks for your help.
It seems to me the distraction issue is no worse (and no better) than when my significant other plays tracks from her iPhone to her Suburu entertainment system. It happens automagically when wants to recharge her phone and plugs it into the USB accessory socket.

You have to make practical decisions such as how to get the audio into the car's entertainment system (BT, USB, etc), how to assure clean power to the RPi, where to locate the RPi, where and how to anchor the phone, etc. Hours of fun!

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
(07-27-2020, 02:56 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me the distraction issue is no worse (and no better) than when my significant other plays tracks from her iPhone to her Suburu entertainment system. It happens automagically when wants to recharge her phone and plugs it into the USB accessory socket.

You have to make practical decisions such as how to get the audio into the car's entertainment system (BT, USB, etc), how to assure clean power to the RPi, where to locate the RPi, where and how to anchor the phone, etc. Hours of fun!

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent , thanks for that.
I’ve had something cobbled together already which I use but I’m hoping this will be better so I think I’m ok on the logistics of fitting it. I’m just “bench testing” it, now to ensure it will be more stable than I’ve got, which incidentally includes a router, so if this does work, it’s going to be brilliant, cheers