Moode Forum

Full Version: add WKCR-FM ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Tim

Would you please consider adding WKCR-FM to the default station list.  http://wkcr.streamguys1.com/live.m3u  ?

The station is pretty much music and talk about music, mostly jazz and classical.
https://www.cc-seas.columbia.edu/wkcr/schedule

It's from Columbia Univ. in New York, and arguably the first ever FM station because it grew out of the experiments of Edwin H. Armstrong, the inventor of FM,  who was a prof there.  There is no advertising, not even the NPR type. There is very little fund-raising. 

The jazz historian Phil Schaap has done a show almost daily since the late 1960s.  There are regular 24 hour or long "birthday broadcasts" for famous musicians including Louis Armstrong, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, plus a weeklong Bachfest in December.

TIA !

S&C
Cool. I'll check it out.
I have a warm spot in my heart for college-based radio stations anyway. Just tried this one and found they're playing an Arvo Pärt piece with Gil Shaham soloing. I'm sold.

Station logo's a little tricky but I'm seeing if I can hack together one from the foreground (callsign and catch-phrase) and background (the LP and cartridge) images I extracted their website.

500px X 500px ok?

Regards,
Kent
Attached is my first cut. It's a 500px X 500px jpeg.

I'm thinking I'll try twice more. Once with a larger foreground image (which will increase the size of the text and obscure more of the background). Once with the foreground image pushed up on the canvas and the background image pushed down so the LP and cartridge don't get lost.

But...later.

Regards,
Kent
I've added this cool station to upcoming moOde 7. I think the logo you made is perfect :-)
(10-03-2020, 03:31 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]I've added this cool station to upcoming moOde 7. I think the logo you made is perfect :-)

I agree, it looks pretty balanced now that I see it among the other logos. I think I'm done.
(10-03-2020, 11:51 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2020, 03:31 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]I've added this cool station to upcoming moOde 7. I think the logo you made is perfect :-)

I agree, it looks pretty balanced now that I see it among the other logos. I think I'm done.

Great news, thank you both. It seems the station is on a shoestring budget to put it mildly. This exposure might be just what they need to stay afloat!

TOP I understand what you mean about keeping the cartridge visible, but I also agree that the logo looks great as is.

Thanks again!

S&C