Moode Forum

Full Version: enable gpio output when boot is complete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi folks;  Does anyone have an idea on how I might enable a GPI pin when boot up is complete.  I can setup a service to enable the pin but I am not sure how to have the action taken only after the boot up process has finished.

Thanks
hi, I also need this function since my external power control circuit detects gpio HIGH when boot succes and goes LOW for shuting down.
Run the commands below. If they all return "1" then high likelihood that moOde has successfully completed its boot sequence and all is well.

Code:
pi@rp1:~ $ moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='wrkready'"
pi@rp1:~ $ pgrep -c watchdog.sh
pi@rp1:~ $ pgrep -c mpd
Hi Wallyboy

I use the following in a (longer) shell script to pause until the Moode boot has completed (it doesn't check that MPD has started)

Code:
  # wait for worker to start to ensure start flag is set to 0
   until ps -C worker.php > /dev/null; do
      sleep 2
   done
   sleep 1     # extra time allow to set flag
   until test $(moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='wrkready'") = "1"; do
      sleep 4
   done

If you are using a systemd service file then you can wait for a script to complete using an ExecStartPre line 

Adrian.
(09-09-2021, 12:17 PM)adrii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Wallyboy

I use the following in a (longer) shell script to pause until the Moode boot has completed (it doesn't check that MPD has started)

Code:
      sleep 2
   done
   until test $(moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='wrkready'") = "1"; do
      sleep 4
   done

If you are using a systemd service file then you can wait for a script to complete using an ExecStartPre line 

Adrian.
Hi folks, I'm back to this after a hiatus.  I need some help from you coding experts (I am a novice at best).  I understand the boot detection part, but I'm having a problem setting the GPIO pin in an sh script.  Should I be using python?. I can set a GPIO pin in python, but I don't see how to execute moodutl within a python script.  Any help or direction would be much appreciated. 

Kent
(01-05-2024, 05:07 PM)Wallyboy Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:
      sleep 2
   done
      sleep 4
   done

Adrian.
Hi folks, I'm back to this after a hiatus.  I need some help from you coding experts (I am a novice at best).  I understand the boot detection part, but I'm having a problem setting the GPIO pin in an sh script.  Should I be using python?. I can set a GPIO pin in python, but I don't see how to execute moodutl within a python script.  Any help or direction would be much appreciated. 

Kent

https://raspberrypi-aa.github.io/session2/bash.html
(01-05-2024, 10:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:
      sleep 2
   done
      sleep 4
   done

Adrian.

Kent

Hi Tim.  Thankyou for the reply.  I tried writing a short script following the directions in the link.  I got an unsuccessful result as you can see in the code window.  I'm lost.  Any suggestions?
Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo" 18" > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo "out" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio18/direction
echo "1" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio18/value

Code:
Result:...

./boot_indicator.sh
./boot_indicator.sh: line 3: echo 18: command not found
./boot_indicator.sh: line 4: /sys/class/gpio/gpio18/direction: No such file or directory
./boot_indicator.sh: line 5: /sys/class/gpio/gpio18/value: No such file or directory
change

echo" 18" to
echo "18"
(01-07-2024, 08:10 PM)Wallyboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2024, 10:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:
      sleep 2
   done
      sleep 4
   done

Adrian.

Kent

Hi Tim.  Thankyou for the reply.  I tried writing a short script following the directions in the link.  I got an unsuccessful result as you can see in the code window.  I'm lost.  Any suggestions?
Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo" 18" > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo "out" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio18/direction
echo "1" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio18/value

Code:
Result:...

./boot_indicator.sh
./boot_indicator.sh: line 3: echo 18: command not found
./boot_indicator.sh: line 4: /sys/class/gpio/gpio18/direction: No such file or directory
./boot_indicator.sh: line 5: /sys/class/gpio/gpio18/value: No such file or directory
Thanks Tim, I should have caught that.  Now I get permission denied on lines 4 and 5.  I assume it's because I'm not running the commands as root.  Can I run them as root within a script file?  Not sure how to do that.

Thanks
(01-07-2024, 09:09 PM)Wallyboy Wrote: [ -> ]Can I run them as root within a script file?  Not sure how to do that.
Just prepend sudo to the command; although that rings a bell... about the "echo" thing...
Maybe it's better you include the three commands in a shell script, and then invoke the script with:

sudo ./yourscript.sh

although I am not sure if that would wait for the password... maybe making "root" the script owner, and then setting its sticky flag would have better chances of running.
Pages: 1 2