Moode Forum

Full Version: GUI issues with m4a and ogg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I am using 7.1.0 (2021-03-15) and have some GUI issues to report when using m4a or ogg audio files. 

The files:
[Image: 2021-04-15-10-44-10-Window.png]

How it looks like in audio list:
[Image: 2021-04-15-09-28-54-Window.png]
- undefined icon? -> audio icon for this m4a would be perfect, or at least none instead, is this possible?
- oog track shows no time? (bug? because in playlist it is)

How it looks like in current play list:
[Image: 2021-04-15-09-29-02-Window.png]
- time for same ogg file is available here *thumbs up*, 
- but for song 6 there is a "undefined" -> maybe better use "-" or an empty string?

(If you wonder why the items are bigger, this is because I changed my css to bigger ones because we only use the GUI on mobile. If you are interested in my css code for integration in your code, let me know, I can share ;-)

Thanks
eusi
Zip up the files and PM a download link to me and @TheOldPresbyope. We'll see if we can repro.
(04-15-2021, 12:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Zip up the files and PM a download link to me and @TheOldPresbyope. We'll see if we can repro.

I'm in.

The only examples of .m4a and .ogg files I have I created myself so I know exactly how they were created.

Both of these are container formats. They are like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Smile

Regards,
Kent
Got the files. Can repro both issues (icon and time).

Regards,
Kent
(04-15-2021, 12:58 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]Both of these are container formats. They are like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Smile

Haha, yeah, those containers are like kids: reliably unpredictable ;-)

If you are interested where I got those files (or via which program), I could ask my daughter.

(04-15-2021, 01:34 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]Got the files. Can repro both issues (icon and time).

Cheers.
Quick look at the files and they are missing important tags like Album or Title. Fix that up and the issues will probably go away.

Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ telnet localhost 6600
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
OK MPD 0.22.4

lsinfo "USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/eusi/YUNGBLUD - ice cream man (Official Audio) (128kbit_AAC).m4a"
file: USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/eusi/YUNGBLUD - ice cream man (Official Audio) (128kbit_AAC).m4a
Last-Modified: 2021-04-15T14:54:08Z
Format: 44100:f:2
Artist: YUNGBLUDVEVO
Title: YUNGBLUD - ice cream man (Official Audio)
Date: 2020
Comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnK66zxJpR0
Time: 191
duration: 191.170
OK

lsinfo "USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/eusi/YUNGBLUD - it's quiet in beverly hills (Official Audio) (152kbit_Opus).ogg"
file: USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/eusi/YUNGBLUD - it's quiet in beverly hills (Official Audio) (152kbit_Opus).ogg
Format: 48000:f:2
Time: 155
duration: 155.188
OK
(04-15-2021, 04:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Quick look at the files and they are missing important tags like Album or Title. Fix that up and the issues will probably go away.

Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ telnet localhost 6600
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
OK MPD 0.22.4

lsinfo "USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/eusi/YUNGBLUD - ice cream man (Official Audio) (128kbit_AAC).m4a"
file: USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/eusi/YUNGBLUD - ice cream man (Official Audio) (128kbit_AAC).m4a
Format: 44100:f:2
Artist: YUNGBLUDVEVO
Title: YUNGBLUD - ice cream man (Official Audio)
Date: 2020
Comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnK66zxJpR0
Time: 191
duration: 191.170
OK

lsinfo "USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/eusi/YUNGBLUD - it's quiet in beverly hills (Official Audio) (152kbit_Opus).ogg"
file: USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/eusi/YUNGBLUD - it's quiet in beverly hills (Official Audio) (152kbit_Opus).ogg
Format: 48000:f:2
Time: 155
duration: 155.188
OK

She told me that she gets some tracks from some streaming services like youtube to listen them offline. The tool she uses just provides the files directly from those services (without transcoding etc).

That means I always needs to update the tags of those audio tracks before using it?

I tried Mp3tag and added title and artist to the ogg files. Now I can see the time, however the icon changed from the nice "audio icon" to a "undefined" -.- Which tag do I need to update to see the audio icon?

Thanks!
Capturing files from streaming services, particularly the likes of YouTube, is skating on thin ice with respect to the conditions of the streaming service and the copyright of the artist/publisher. If these came form some less-than-official source that would explain the odd formats and lack of tags.
(04-16-2021, 08:14 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: [ -> ]Capturing files from streaming services, particularly the likes of YouTube, is skating on thin ice with respect to the conditions of the streaming service and the copyright of the artist/publisher.  If these came form some less-than-official source that would explain the odd formats and lack of tags.

I am completely aware of this. But this is another (new) topic between my daughter and me ;-)

Regarding this topic: 
I am interested anyway which tags needs to be set to get the "audio icon". Having a "undefined" as icon looks weird.
@eusii

I noticed a couple of interesting behaviors as I added metadata. Can't do anything today but hope to look closer this weekend.

Regards,
Kent
Pages: 1 2