Moode Forum

Full Version: How to get current playing radio station with from cli or api
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UPDATE - 

I should not have posted this as a problem. 

I have found that mpc prev may suffice in what I am trying to accomplish. I thought I needed the "name" of the item playing. 

Hi,

I have been using Moode for a few years now and love it. I have multiple moode players in my home to provide zoned audio.

I am trying to solve a problem - I want to get the current playing item - could be a playlist or radio station via cli or api.

I see the ways via the command api - cmd/vol.sh etc... 

What I am trying to do is interrupt the current playing item. Play something else and then go back to what was playing. 

I have tried mpc/mpc status but it just gives a song name when a radio station is playing. I am not sure how to go about getting the current radio station etc...

thank you in advance.
The Queue position of the previously played item (song or radio station) is stored in a SQL column. You can play it via MPC command. See example below.

Code:
# Assume item 43 is currently playing item and item 37 was previously played item,

pi@rp1:~ $ moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='toggle_songid'"

pi@rp1:~ $ mpc play 37
Mission Control: Celebrating NASA and space explorers everywhere. [SomaFM]: LAD - Inertia
[playing] #37/48   0:00/0:00 (0%)
volume: 15%   repeat: off   random: off   single: off   consume: off

pi@rp1:~ $ moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='toggle_songid'"
(04-27-2021, 09:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]The Queue position of the previously played item (song or radio station) is stored in a SQL column. You can play it via MPC command. See example below.

Code:
Thank you so much - exactly what I was looking for.