Moode Forum

Full Version: Help in correctly setting up CamillaDSP with gain on 1 channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Community,

I run Moode 7.3 on a RPI4B with a AlloDigione Signature HAT. My RPI is connected via RCA to an integrated stereo amp with built-in DAC.

My RPI is connected with Ethernet cable.

I have CamillaDSP active.

I stream music from an iPad or iPhone with Airplay

I'm having issues with correctly setting up CamillaDSP. I want to use filters I produced with REW, and change the balance to my right-hand speaker (I'm sitting a bit of centre).

The Quick Convolution option works fine. Airplay streaming is clear, stable and works well.

If I create a custom YML file with the pipeline editor to change the Master Gain or put in a gain in the Mixer tab then Airplay streaming becomes unstable. At each new track there is a couple of seconds of stutters. Sometime my mobile device losses Airplay connection altogether.

I don't know if I'm missing on any of the Pipeline editor parameters, is what I want even possible?

Please help in figuring out how to make everything run smoothly.

Thank you.
If it's just setting the L/R balance that causes the problem, you could do that in Alsamixer.
(07-22-2021, 08:38 PM)jonners Wrote: [ -> ]If it's just setting the L/R balance that causes the problem, you could do that in Alsamixer.

Hi Jonners, I need room correction (can't place my speakers in the ideal spot) so I'm relying on CamillaDSP for room correction. Is Alsamixer the Mixer tab in the Pipeline Editor?
Hi. You can use alsamixer as described here: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...5#pid35515
I believe I just had a aha/eureka moment. After having read a couple of times gains should not be increased, but decreased to avoid clipping, I changed the filter to a negative value and presto, issue gone.
(07-23-2021, 09:35 PM)jonners Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. You can use alsamixer as described here: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...5#pid35515

Thanks Jonners, appreciate the info you shared with me. See my reply below. Trial & error, seems I caused clipping and now solves.