Moode Forum

Full Version: Use track artwork/thumbnails in main display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Don't know how feasible it would be, but when no artwork is available for the main display, could you use the picture from the tracks?  As you can see below, each track has a thumbnail picture, but the main display is blank.  Not sure I fully understand the difference, but is this possible?

{oops, picture pasted didn't work}
(10-21-2021, 11:14 PM)inthemoode Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know how feasible it would be, but when no artwork is available for the main display, could you use the picture from the tracks?  As you can see below, each track has a thumbnail picture, but the main display is blank.  Not sure I fully understand the difference, but is this possible?

Guessing you have embedded artwork in each track.... MoOde can either display the album artwork within a folder (cover.jpg .png etc) or embedded artwork.
There is a setting for the one you favour.... look in Preferences from the Main Menu and for Artwork/covers (Library>Cover search priority) change your preference to embedded and then update and then reload the Library thumbnail cache.
moOde uses this setting for preference only, if it does not find any artwork in the preferred location, it will try the other. The embedded gets the artwork from the last track in the folder though I believe, so if you have no folder art and nothing embedded in the last track, you would get nothing like the poster is seeing.

I advise @inthemoode to experiment to test if I'm right, wouldn't be the first time I've misunderstood Smile
(10-22-2021, 07:44 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: [ -> ]wouldn't be the first time I've misunderstood Smile

Same too here Wink 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHjKzr6tLz0

(How did their hair not move at all during the whole performance...???!!!)
(10-22-2021, 07:44 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: [ -> ]moOde uses this setting for preference only, if it does not find any artwork in the preferred location, it will try the other.  The embedded gets the artwork from the last track in the folder though I believe, so if you have no folder art and nothing embedded in the last track, you would get nothing like the poster is seeing.

I advise @inthemoode to experiment to test if I'm right, wouldn't be the first time I've misunderstood Smile

Correct. Thats how it works.
(10-21-2021, 11:23 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2021, 11:14 PM)inthemoode Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know how feasible it would be, but when no artwork is available for the main display, could you use the picture from the tracks?  As you can see below, each track has a thumbnail picture, but the main display is blank.  Not sure I fully understand the difference, but is this possible?

Guessing you have embedded artwork in each track.... MoOde can either display the album artwork within a folder (cover.jpg .png etc) or embedded artwork.
There is a setting for the one you favour.... look in Preferences from the Main Menu and for Artwork/covers (Library>Cover search priority) change your preference to embedded and then update and then reload the Library thumbnail cache.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I already had it set to embedded.
(10-22-2021, 07:44 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: [ -> ]moOde uses this setting for preference only, if it does not find any artwork in the preferred location, it will try the other.  The embedded gets the artwork from the last track in the folder though I believe, so if you have no folder art and nothing embedded in the last track, you would get nothing like the poster is seeing.

So, check the last track?  In the example I tried to post, the last track WAS showing a thumbnail, so I am regenerating the cache to see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the info
No luck. Strange, all the library views as I select the album, show the thumbnail, just can't get it to show in the main RH panel when playing it.
(10-22-2021, 11:56 PM)inthemoode Wrote: [ -> ]No luck.  Strange, all the library views as I select the album, show the thumbnail, just can't get it to show in the main RH panel when playing it.

Some web-browsers and add-ons can be funky like that.... often not showing images above a certain size...My Firefox and uBlock-Origin needs a specific allow for MoOde but once set it shows artwork.

What size and format are your images ?
(10-23-2021, 05:37 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2021, 11:56 PM)inthemoode Wrote: [ -> ]No luck.  Strange, all the library views as I select the album, show the thumbnail, just can't get it to show in the main RH panel when playing it.

Some web-browsers and add-ons can be funky like that.... often not showing images above a certain size...My Firefox and uBlock-Origin needs a specific allow for MoOde but once set it shows artwork.

What size and format are your images ?

Not sure.  They are the ones downloaded by the various CD rippers and metadata "improvers" I have tried.
Pages: 1 2