Moode Forum

Full Version: Stream from Android to moOde via Bluetooth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I gather that this is possible but can't figure it out. Is there a how-to somewhere to help me get going? I'd like to stream podcasts etc to my main system via moOde and my Allo Boss.

Thanks in advance,

John

PS I have successfully paired the Android phone to moOde, it is the next steps that are a mystery.
Since they are already paired, you just need to get the 2 connected. On your phone you turn BT off (if it was on) and on. You wait a few second. A list of devices that are paired with your phone will appear. One of the devices will be "Moode Bluetooth". You click on it, it will turn blue and will say "connected for media audio". From now on, everything you play on your phone will play on moode.
(09-03-2018, 10:07 PM)remy1961 Wrote: [ -> ]Since they are already paired, you just need to get the 2 connected. On your phone you turn BT off (if it was on) and on. You wait a few second. A list of devices that are paired with your phone will appear. One of the devices will be "Moode Bluetooth". You click on it, it will turn blue and will say "connected for media audio". From now on, everything you play on your phone will play on moode.

Thanks Remy, that was helpful. Is there a doc somewhere or a thread that goes into the details of Bluetooth and moOde? I still have some questions. For example when connected it doesn't seem possible to use the web interface, even if nothing is playing on the phone. Is that correct?. Do I need to disconnect in order to play some tracks from my library or listen to a radio station and then reconnect to hear a podcast off the phone?

Thanks again,

John
Thats correct. Bluetooth requires connect/disconnect.

This is because Bluetooth is not session/event based like Airplay. For example when user stops playback, Airplay raises an event after a short timeout. This event can be detected by moOde and MPD can be resumed at that point.

Bluetooth on the other hand does not expose an event interface that could be used to detect playback status but it does allow for detecting when client connects/disconnects.
(09-04-2018, 01:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Thats correct. Bluetooth requires connect/disconnect.

This is because Bluetooth is not session/event based like Airplay. For example when user stops playback, Airplay raises an event after a short timeout. This event can be detected by moOde and MPD can be resumed at that point.

Bluetooth on the other hand does not expose an event interface that could be used to detect playback status but it does allow for detecting when client connects/disconnects.

Thanks for the explanation and a tip o' de hat for a fine product.

John