Moode Forum

Full Version: Only plays 192/24 files since Ian Canada upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Expert advice please
I have been happily using RPi 3b - with Allo Digione Sig - Moode - LMS. I recently upgraded to a Denafrips Pontus DAC and I though I would try the i2s input. So I bought an Ian Canada Transport and a FIFO Ultimate Reclocker. Sounds superb BUT will only play 192/24 files - nothing else (apart from Radio 3 HD !)
Could this be a Moode compatabilty/config  issue or LMS ?? Advice very welcome
What I2S driver did u select on Audio Config?
I selected Ian Canada FIFO - thanks
That selection configures the hifiberry-dac I2S driver which only supports up to 192K rate. This is same as the "Generic-1 I2S (hifiberry-dac)" selection.

You could try the "Generic-2 I2S (rpi-dac)" selection which configures the rpi-dac I2S driver which we have patched to support up to 384K rate but I don't know whether this driver is compatible with the hardware you are using.
How is your hardware setup? What is LMS?
LMS = either, “London, Midland and Scottish Railway” (company), or maybe the “London Mathematical Society”,

or, as is more likely in this case, Logitech Media Server.
(11-27-2021, 07:58 PM)hillbear Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Expert advice please
I have been happily using RPi 3b - with Allo Digione Sig - Moode - LMS. I recently upgraded to a Denafrips Pontus DAC and I though I would try the i2s input. So I bought an Ian Canada Transport and a FIFO Ultimate Reclocker. Sounds superb BUT will only play 192/24 files - nothing else (apart from Radio 3 HD !)
Could this be a Moode compatabilty/config  issue or LMS ?? Advice very welcome

Please select the I2S Driver of Audiophonics ES9028/9038 DAC, with that you can play up to 384Khz