Moode Forum

Full Version: LCD/OLED display using pydPiper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(12-16-2018, 04:19 PM)flega Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2018, 09:06 PM)remy1961 Wrote: [ -> ] Just examine a few page files and you will understand how it all works.

Remy

Thanks Remy for great explanation, now I understand how thing work Smile
But as I'm messing with config and page file, everything stop working, including web interface Sad
Is there a way to uninstall PydPiper and install it again or I have to mount Moode image and start everything from beginning?

Hi. Check a few posts up in this thread you will see how to remove pydpiper. And then you can reinstall. Or you can copy the original page file and paste in the one you messed with.
Remy
(11-28-2018, 04:51 AM)remy1961 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Looks like there is a problem with the docker not installed properly. Remove the docker and reinstall. Or install it on a new image.
To remove the docker:
Code:
sudo apt-get purge docker-ce
sudo apt-get autoremove
rm -rf /var/lib/docker
Remy

Hi. I've tried both options and I have the same results. I'll try again with the new moode release. 
I think it has something to do with the kernel version. Maybe with newer Pi it will work for me. 

Thanks.
(09-06-2018, 07:32 PM)remy1961 Wrote: [ -> ]A few pictures:

How to wire a 16x2 oled using parallel interface. Use the wiring on the picture on the right

[Image: file.php?id=218]

pydPiper on a 16x2 oled: 

[Image: file.php?id=629]

pydPiper on a 2.42 inches 128x64 using i2c:

[Image: file.php?id=663]

pydPiper on a 20x4 LCD:

[Image: 32021213-a93ed444-b9ca-11e7-8886-80fee92de79e.jpg]

Remy

Could you please provide more information for LCD 16x2 connections to GPIO or PIN#? I have tried both graphics but no luck. I am a newbie with electronics. Thanks.
my LCD has this connections (from left to right): 
VSS, VDD,V0, RS,RW,E,D0,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7, A, K
(09-10-2018, 08:12 AM)rh2018 Wrote: [ -> ]A big thanks to Remy1961 for his excellent tutorial. It’s great to see a well written and complete tutorial.

After a couple of pm’s alerting me to details in the tutorial that in my enthusiasmI had missed, I have a fully working 16x2 lcd display operating. The steps that I overlooked were:

Step 3: “Note that this is not actually a code. You answer manually line per line (copy and paste). “ and

Step 5: “you have to edit the page file used in your configuration. It is found in the directory /home/pi/pydPiper”

In the page file for your chosen display, change any instances of ‘stream’ to ‘encoding’ under “SEQUENCES > ‘canvases’ to avoid a “no active widgets” error message when playing a track. (Also included in remy1961’s “Notes” edit)

Could you please provide more information for LCD 16x2 connections to GPIO or PIN#? I have tried both graphics but no luck. I am a newbie with electronics. Thanks.
my LCD has this connections (from left to right): 
VSS, VDD,V0, RS,RW,E,D0,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7, A, K
Hi. Have a look here
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...94#pid6294
Yes, seems the docker container is lagging during shutdown and reboot....is that a bug or normal behaviour...?   anyone ?

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...09#pid6309

Thanks for that Remy.... at first glance I found the configuration to be almost unfathomable... your explanation is most useful...

I have changed scrolling to only scroll occasionally but that required several trials as the scrolling parameters are very vague in their description....
"gap" "hesitate" "openloop"   what was the dev on when those were dreamed up.. :-)

I am used to the convention for Pi Lcd's of line and output with an overview of scroll speed, frequency, and repeat.

I see the github page has a promised explanation of parameters but still not implemented so your post is appreciated....

If you have the time and inclination more depth on the other  settings would be helpful... ;-)
Quote:Is it possiible to do this if the DAC is already using the I2S lines?

I am interested in this as well as I plan to add the Katana as DAC sometime soon and I would love to keep using both my oled screen and power management module (https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-kits-...11125.html).
(12-26-2018, 12:11 PM)AlDDDAC1794 Wrote: [ -> ]As a newcomer I'd like to add a digital display to my DIY DDAC (17941) DAC.  The current set up is a RPI3 feeding the DAC by I2S.

Is it possiible to do this if the DAC is already using the I2S lines?

Hi. You can connect several devices using i2c interface to the same RPi. Each device will use a different i2c adress. You can connect 2 or 3 lcd or oled displays using the same i2c connections provided you make sure each display has a different i2c adress. In my moode streamer I use an allo boss dac, and a 128x64 i2c oled display.
Remy
(12-26-2018, 03:42 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: [ -> ]http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...94#pid6294
Yes, seems the docker container is lagging during shutdown and reboot....is that a bug or normal behaviour...?   anyone ?

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...09#pid6309

Thanks for that Remy.... at first glance I found the configuration to be almost unfathomable... your explanation is most useful...

I have changed scrolling to only scroll occasionally but that required several trials as the scrolling parameters are very vague in their description....
"gap" "hesitate" "openloop"   what was the dev on when those were dreamed up.. :-)

I am used to the convention for Pi Lcd's of line and output with an overview of scroll speed, frequency, and repeat.

I see the github page has a promised explanation of parameters but still not implemented so your post is appreciated....

If you have the time and inclination more depth on the other  settings would be helpful... ;-)

HI DRONE7. That's the problem with most free open sources, there is no proper manual. I managed to understand how some of these settings work through trials, and also by asking directly to the developer. He always answer questions, usually after 2-3 days. I will soon have to edit the first post of this thread to put together all the information scattered in different posts in the thread.
Remy
And after almost a week with fully working OLED display, today after a restart - blank display  Confused
Tried to start pydpiper manualy but:
Quote:A dependency job for pydpiper.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.

Something gone wrong with Docker, don't know can I just de-install it and install it again or mount a new image on SD card  Confused
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19