Moode Forum

Full Version: DMP-Z1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any Moode solutions approach the promised Sony DMP-Z1 sound quality?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/dmp-z1
Based on the marketing hype this should be the greatest sounding audio device ever made, but you would think that for $8000 USD it would include more than just a 3" touch screen :-0
I'd want a few more gigabytes for the money tbh.
(09-19-2018, 09:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]... for $8000 USD it would include more than just a 3" touch screen :-0

That is why I was opening up a discussion, thinking that people on this forum have better sound with bigger screens or valuable additional functionality. Thanks.
Ah, though I'm betting very few of us have "Gold-plated volume control "..... what sonic wonders we may be missing...

Fear not, I'm here to rectify that.... for a large fee I am prepared to use my considerable skills and knowledge as a working Artist-Goldsmith to gold-plate your current inferior anodised volume knob.... PM me for  a quote..  ROFL!

and...
Quote:" Premium, audio-grade lead-free solder containing gold.

The exceptional conductivity of gold ensures the absolute minimum signal loss possible, for full dynamic range delivery. ."

A complete and utter lack of knowledge about the physics of materials.... Gold is 'exceptionally' resistant to oxidisation and tarnish but is beaten out by copper and silver for conductivity.
moOde users would have to actually buy this $8000 headphone amp to be able to compare its SQ and features to their moOde / Raspberry Pi devices.
Finally, a Walkman I can respect.
I wonder, Kent, if it can be called a Walkman ?....
perhaps for such a price and exulted description it may be more apt as a .... Palanquin-man"
I can imagine that getting all scuffed up rattling around with the other stuff in my Barney Rustle Blanket . . .
Why not go for the great Astell?

[Image: obj_1_lg.png]
Pages: 1 2