Moode Forum

Full Version: Install Plexamp Side-by-Side with moOde
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hmmm. I cannot get it to work. I get "[ip address] refused to connect. Will have to fiddle with it later. And suggestions?
(08-22-2022, 02:54 AM)GuitarManMike Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm.  I cannot get it to work.  I get "[ip address] refused to connect.  Will have to fiddle with it later.  And suggestions?

With that error, I’m guessing either:

1. you have the IP address or host name wrong in the URL - is it the same IP or hostname as your moode web page?
2. wrong port in the URL? - the port appended to the IP or hostname in the url should be “:32500”
3. plexamp isn’t running - walk through the parts of the guide that start with “cd plexamp” again and make sure you do each one.

If none of this helps, post the result of this command

Code:
sudo service plexamp status
@Tim Curtis with the latest versions (presently, moOde 8.2.1, plexamp 4.4.0) of both moOde and headless plexamp, I’m running into some kind of contention during boot where starting plexamp via systemd is interrupting moOde from completely starting up. 

moodeutl -l gets this far before stalling:

Code:
20221011 092549 worker: --
20221011 092549 worker: -- Audio config
20221011 092549 worker: --
20221011 092549 worker: MPD conf update skipped (USB device)
20221011 092549 worker: ALSA card number (2)
20221011 092549 worker: MPD audio output (D10s)

If I then stop the plexamp.service and run moodeutl -r then moOde starts completely and I can then restart plexamp.service and all is well.

I have tried monkeying with my plexamp.service unit file to include `After=mpd.service` but that doesn’t stall the plexamp startup long enough to allow moOde to fully start.

With all of that background, is there a systemd service that you are aware of that I could put into After= in the plexamp unit file that when it is started up should mean that moOde is all the way through its startup?

If not, I can write a wrapper for the plexamp startup with a while loop in it waiting until something in moOde gets logged or something along those lines, but if there was a way to manage this entirely within the systemd unit file, I’d prefer that.
I have no idea what plexamp is doing. Try asking on their support Forum.
(10-11-2022, 02:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea what plexamp is doing. Try asking on their support Forum.

Sorry, I wasn’t asking what plexamp is doing and not asking for your support for plexamp.

What I was trying to ask is whether there is a moOde systemd service unit that you are aware of that when executed and active in the boot process should indicate that moOde has completed its startup.
Check the value of the "worker ready" param. It's set to '0' at the beginning of moOde startup and '1' after startup has completed. It corresponds the entry "Ready" at the end of the moOde startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='wrkready'"
(10-11-2022, 04:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Check the value of the "worker ready" param. It's set to '0' at the beginning of moOde startup and '1' after startup has completed. It corresponds the entry "Ready" at the end of the moOde startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='wrkready'"

Perfect, thank you very much!
I have been googling for a few weeks as I had the same need to be able to play music via plexamp as I want to listen to the original quality (not downsampled via some stupid android UPnP client) and because plexamp has amazing features regarding smart playlists.

Moode is running on a RPI zero W so installing plexamp on the same machine seemed impossible with the given resources.

I have now found an awesome solution but if this could be incorporated into moode that would be even more amazing.
I am talking about this: https://github.com/songchenwen/plexdlnaplayer

Let me explain my current setup:

- I run the above as a docker container on my NAS, visit its web GUI, link it to plex.tv to authenticate via Plex
- it auto discovers moode's UPnP renderer and makes it available to plex and plexamp
- I open plexamp on my phone or laptop and select moode's UPnP renderer as target, start playing, close the app, the music goes on as my plex server is now directly streaming to moode's UPnP renderer.

Now if this plexdlnaplayer could be run within moode that would be even more amazing.
(03-22-2023, 02:39 PM)ovizii Wrote: [ -> ]I have been googling for a few weeks as I had the same need to be able to play music via plexamp as I want to listen to the original quality (not downsampled via some stupid android UPnP client) and because plexamp has amazing features regarding smart playlists.

Moode is running on a RPI zero W so installing plexamp on the same machine seemed impossible with the given resources.

I have now found an awesome solution but if this could be incorporated into moode that would be even more amazing.
I am talking about this: https://github.com/songchenwen/plexdlnaplayer

Let me explain my current setup:

- I run the above as a docker container on my NAS, visit its web GUI, link it to plex.tv to authenticate via Plex
- it auto discovers moode's UPnP renderer and makes it available to plex and plexamp
- I open plexamp on my phone or laptop and select moode's UPnP renderer as target, start playing, close the app, the music goes on as my plex server is now directly streaming to moode's UPnP renderer.

Now if this plexdlnaplayer could be run within moode that would be even more amazing.

This looks like something for the plex project to integrate into their stuff so UPnP media renderers can be discovered and used as endpoints for playing tracks. Maybe post a request on their Forum.
Quote:This looks like something for the plex project to integrate into their stuff so UPnP media renderers can be discovered and used as endpoints for playing tracks. Maybe post a request on their Forum.

I totally agree with you. It was just an idea for you and for the others running plexamp on moode a much simpler way to accomplish the same thing :-)
Pages: 1 2 3