Moode Forum

Full Version: Moode 8.2.0 recognize only one cue file in a folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently I updated my moodeaudio from 8.0.2 to 8.2.0.
And I found a problem which moode 8.2.0 recognize only one cue file in a folder which has multiple cue files.
It's very useful to save multiple cue files in a folder in the case of ripping the box set CDs.
Moode 8.0.2 and previous version can recognize all cue files in one folder.

Here is a sample image of this problem.

This is a folder which has 10 cue files in my disk.
[attachment=2977]

This is the moode library for the folder of my disk, which shows only one cue file.
[attachment=2976]
In release 8.1.2 there is the following update.

Code:
UPD: Improve support for non-embedded cue format

What this entailed was a complete overhaul of the code that dealt with non-embedded cue/flac format. The end result is that an album directory containing a flac, wav or aiff audio file with a corresponding .cue file will appear in the Library views and the Queue as if it were an album dir with separate tracks.

I don't have a test case directory containing multiple audio files and their corresponding cue files so I don't know what it would take to support this.

Zip up three of the files/cues from the box set and PM me a download link. I'll look into it this weekend :-)

-Tim
Isn't the notion of "one directory = one album" baked into moOde's design? It always felt that way to me, at least.

Regards,
Kent
Thats correct. The code is designed around the common directory structure of /Artist/Album/Track

What MPD does with a .cue file hough is present it as a virtual directory containing tracks.

Example
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ ls /media/VFAT128/Test_mixed/cue-test-no-embedded/
Spectrum.cue  Spectrum.flac

pi@moode:~ $ telnet localhost 6600
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
OK MPD 0.23.5

lsinfo "USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/cue-test-no-embedded"
playlist: USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/cue-test-no-embedded/Spectrum.cue
Last-Modified: 2022-06-27T06:56:08Z
directory: USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/cue-test-no-embedded/Spectrum.cue
OK

lsinfo "USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/cue-test-no-embedded/Spectrum.cue"
file: USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/cue-test-no-embedded/Spectrum.cue/track0001
Range: 0.000-271.546
Format: 44100:16:2
Album: Spectrum
AlbumArtist: Billy Cobham
Genre: Jazz
Date: 1973
Track: 01
Title: Quadrant 4
Artist: Billy Cobham
Composer: Billy Cobham
Time: 272
duration: 271.546
file: USB/VFAT128/Test_mixed/cue-test-no-embedded/Spectrum.cue/track0002
Range: 271.546-355.826
Format: 44100:16:2
Album: Spectrum
AlbumArtist: Billy Cobham
Genre: Jazz
Date: 1973
Track: 02
Title: Searching for the Right Door
Artist: Billy Cobham
Composer: Billy Cobham
Time: 84
duration: 84.280
(09-30-2022, 03:35 PM)eroica Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I updated my moodeaudio from 8.0.2 to 8.2.0.
And I found a problem which moode 8.2.0 recognize only one cue file in a folder which has multiple cue files.
It's very useful to save multiple cue files in a folder in the case of ripping the box set CDs.

This is the moode library for the folder of my disk, which shows only one cue file.

What happens when you click on the item shown in your screen shot?
(09-30-2022, 07:06 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]In release 8.1.2 there is the following update.

Code:
UPD: Improve support for non-embedded cue format

What this entailed was a complete overhaul of the code that dealt with non-embedded cue/flac format. The end result is that an album directory containing a flac, wav or aiff audio file with a corresponding .cue file will appear in the Library views and the Queue as if it were an album dir with separate tracks.

I don't have a test case directory containing multiple audio files and their corresponding cue files so I don't know what it would take to support this.

Zip up three of the files/cues from the box set and PM me a download link. I'll look into it this weekend :-)

-Tim

I've just sen't you a message with a download link.
You can see 3 CUE files and 3 FLAC files in one folder after uncompressing the zip file.
(09-30-2022, 07:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2022, 03:35 PM)eroica Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I updated my moodeaudio from 8.0.2 to 8.2.0.

What happens when you click on the item shown in your screen shot?

Even though I ripped all CDs from the box set which has 10 CDs, 
Moode library shows only one item presenting cue file for the CD1.
When I click the item, Moode show me the tracks of the CD1.
So, I can't listen other audio files containing music ripped from 9 CDs
[attachment=2983]
I can repro that issue in Folder view with the test files you provided.

In Tag/Album view all the tracks for each of the three discs are listed but there is some breakage in displaying the thumbnail image.

[attachment=2984] [attachment=2985]

Adding to the Queue from Tag/Album also works fine.

[attachment=2986]

It will take some investigation this weekend to determine whats happening and whether a fix is possible.
(10-01-2022, 03:56 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]It will take some investigation this weekend to determine whats happening and whether a fix is possible.

Otherwise, I will... :-D

Cheers, Al.
lol, I prolly need all the help I can get with cue format ;-)

I did get a chance to look at the code and run some tests and there are some bugs that were caused by the way my test data was originally organized :-0

Folder view assumes that each cue/flac is in it's own album directory. This is why @eroica only sees one album listed. The other bug is in Tag/Album views where the thumbnail image is missing. My earlier screen shots showing the thumbnail for the Spectrum album was due to another folder with the same flac.

Both of these issues can be fixed but will take more thought and testing.
Pages: 1 2