Moode Forum

Full Version: install question/issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new to this software coming from something else with similar functionality. I installed it on a box, went thru some configs and had it running. I went to install it on another box and got this screen (seen in the attachment) when I connect to the ip address. I'm not able to go anywhere past this so it seems like something went wrong on the install. I downloaded another copy, reinstalled, same result. I tried the image to flash a 3rd box, no issues. this is only on the 2nd box I'm having issues. 2 out 3 are fine, 1 is not like the others
Mayne provide some details on the hardware, network, boot media etc.
(01-31-2023, 04:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Mayne provide some details on the hardware, network, boot media etc.

all 3 boxes are pi3bs, san disk 32 gb cards, everything is on the same network. all 3 boxes were done the same way, blasting the image to the card then booting the pi. I run angry pinger to find the ip address
(01-31-2023, 07:06 PM)tsawyer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2023, 04:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Mayne provide some details on the hardware, network, boot media etc.

all 3 boxes are pi3bs, san disk 32 gb cards, everything is on the same network. all 3 boxes were done the same way, blasting the image to the card then booting the pi. I run angry pinger to find the ip address

Apart the fact I cannot see any screenshot (it could be your brand new subscription doesn't allow you to attach files) hence cannot have a clue of what's going on with the connection; anyway, I may think you already tried a card from a working Pi on the faulty one; just to rule a defective SD card out (although we all agree SanDisks are good...)
sorry, I assumed the attachment was available. retrying again
Suspect a network problem on the aberrant pi.
Can you ssh to the problem Pi ?

As Al says swap a configured sd card from one of the working Pi and see if that will boot the problem one.
Hmm,

that's weird... that image IS coming from the PI (as can be confirmed by the ending of its IP address visible...)
I do remember I was getting something similar kinda a couple of months ago, but I cannot remember for the life of me what was causing it; I think it was when returning back from the configuration screens; or maybe trying to get to one of them... cannot remember, really.

I could get back to the main view with a reboot, anyway. I could SSH into it, of course, otherwise I would have been left with a hard-boot...
Maybe seeing the picture @Tim Curtis has some ideas.

Meanwhile, if you can SSH into it, you can moodeutl -l and poset the output.
and now it's working.............

the only thing I could think that could have changed was the power supply. in my lab, I have a few power supplies and was working on setting up omv on another pi. after getting that completed, I went back to the box. I don't think I changed plugs but when I spun it up to check something else I was able to connect to it. moved it downstairs to where it would live (on a completely different power supply that lives on that stereo) and I'm still able to connect. no clue what it was doing or why it's working now. I'll just take it as it works now
thanx for all the reply. I don't think I made it to trying to ssh or even ping it. angry pinger did find it so I'm thinking it was alive. didn't get around to hooking up the monitor to it, usually do thing headless. in a perfect world I'd document what changed/was the root cause for someone else in the future but without being able to replicate an issue........
Power supply :-)   99.99% of the time lol

You can change your thread to Solved..
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....4#pid24624
Pages: 1 2