Moode Forum

Full Version: moOde 8.3.2 : is it supposed to work correctly ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, 

Just flashed moOde 8.3.2 clean on a SD card that was formatted before I flashed it. 

It boots. 

BUT : nothing is working...

If I try to add a library => spinning wheel and no reboot. Have to flash it again. 
If I try to change a setting in "Location" => Europe/paris, when I click "SET" it asks to fill the next field...

It does nto want to take the setting about the I2S Digi2 Pro from HifiBerry...

I tried another OS and it works flawlessly :-(

So, my first assumption that is might have been a hardware default is not correct. 

Anyone else having all those problems ? 

To be sure, I reflashed 8.3.0 on the same SD card with the same method (BalenaEtcher).
It works flawlessly...

So problem really seems to be 8.3.2. here :-(
Strangely I can't install 2023-04-21-moode-r832-arm64-lite.img either, one the Pi is running and I'm on the config page I cant set the region, browser name or host name without being forced to the file sharing section 'Options' bar, I don't really know what to put in there so I copied the tag below the box, them MoOde just hangs completely and I have to build a new image.
I have a Pi4 4G.

I don't get any issues at all with the legacy version?
(05-06-2023, 02:30 PM)HifiPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 

Just flashed moOde 8.3.2 clean on a SD card that was formatted before I flashed it. 

It boots. 

BUT : nothing is working...

If I try to add a library => spinning wheel and no reboot. Have to flash it again. 
If I try to change a setting in "Location" => Europe/paris, when I click "SET" it asks to fill the next field...

It does nto want to take the setting about the I2S Digi2 Pro from HifiBerry...

I tried another OS and it works flawlessly :-(

So, my first assumption that is might have been a hardware default is not correct. 

Anyone else having all those problems ? 

To be sure, I reflashed 8.3.0 on the same SD card with the same method (BalenaEtcher).
It works flawlessly...

So problem really seems to be 8.3.2. here :-(

balenaEtcher, huh? So you probably didn’t follow the revised instructions in the 8.3.2 Setup Guide.

This is new business: you must set up the default user account with a username/password. 

Regards,
Kent
Hi TOP,

Thanks for your reply.

No, indeed, I did not paid attention to the new "Raspberry Pi Imager" is now manadatory in the setup guide as Raspberry pi imager was advised but not mandatory previously.
The updated guide does not explicitely mention that you have to use Raspberry pi imager so I must admit I did overlooked that part.

But that settles the problem for me as my computer cannot use Raspberry pi imager so I'll have to wait to get access to something able to use it...
And I am not sure I can set a user and SSH access outside of Rasperry pi Imager.

So I will stick to moOde 8.3.0 for the time being and hope that it will come back to something I can use on a regular basis.

Regards.
What computer are you using that can't run the Raspberry Pi imager? There are Linux, Mac and Windows versions.
Hi,

From what I have seen on the Web page of Raspberry pi Imager, there is indeed a Linux version.
But that is meant for Ubuntu. And I run Arch.
And I know it is possible to convert a Debian/Ubuntu package to Arch but each time I tried it failed...
So I did not tried it again in a long time.

Will probably use a virtual machine instead... Much easier :-)

Regards.
(05-07-2023, 08:22 PM)HifiPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

From what I have seen on the Web page of Raspberry pi Imager, there is indeed a Linux version.
And I know it is possible to convert a Debian/Ubuntu package to Arch but each time I tried it failed...

Regards.

Did you think to query the Arch package servers (however that's done)?

I don't use Arch but when I googled "rpi imager arch linux" I get hits that show rpi-imager 1.7.4-2 (which is the current version) is available to you...just as rpi-imager is available in the linuxmint/ubuntu apt servers for the Linux Mint distro I do use. The major distros do a good job keeping up with the most popular consumer-level SBC on the planet.

Also, I'll be posting a short instruction guide for this Forum on how to install moOde without using the RPi Imager tool. It turns out to be relatively easy---like riding a bicycle is relatively easy compared to riding a unicycle.

Regards,
Kent
After following a couple of other members help I was able to install 8.3.2 4 successfully using Raspberry Pi Imager, before I was using Win32 Disk imager (used it for years) and got stuck.
Use Raspberry Pi Imager and make sure you tick the boxes in the settings, once rebooted all the config boxes were populated and I I did was add my library and bingo!!!

As always top work by Tim and the esteemed Kent!
(05-08-2023, 09:40 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]HifiPenguinHi,

Regards.

Did you think to query the Arch package servers (however that's done)?

I don't use Arch but when I googled "rpi imager arch linux" I get hits that show rpi-imager 1.7.4-2 (which is the current version) is available to you...just as rpi-imager is available in the linuxmint/ubuntu apt servers for the Linux Mint distro I do use. The major distros do a good job keeping up with the most popular consumer-level SBC on the planet.

Also, I'll be posting a short instruction guide for this Forum on how to install moOde without using the RPi Imager tool. It turns out to be relatively easy---like riding a bicycle is relatively easy compared to riding a unicycle.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent, 

Yes, I searched in the official Arch repos and also the Arch user repos (AUR). 
Of course, it returned nothing because I searched for "raspberry pi imager"... when the package name is rpi-imager. 

If I search with rpi-imager, I indeed get a result from the AUR database about version 1.7.4. 
Will try it a little later...

Thanks a lot for all your help and patience with a noob like me :-(

I've read the "Release info". 
There does not seem to be a lot of new things/features in 8.3.2, so probably not in a rush to install it :-)

But I'll do it a little later...

Regards. 

FRED

EDIT : I tried to use rpi-imager. Turns out the version in AUR is probablyt buggy. It is not possible to select a drive to write to :-(
Will try another version and report

EDIT 2 : I tried with a BIN of rpi-imager 1.7.4. It does not work either...
I also tried to start it as sudo... No improvement.
I tried to install the 1.7.3 version in "snap"... Bugged.
So I think I'll try it in virtual drive or wait for your explanation about how to do it without pi imager.

EDIT 3 : After doing some search it seems the computer must be able to determine that the used support is a SD card.
My distro probably does not have the necessary tools to detect a SD card. And thus the device does not show up.

EDIT 4 : I herewith confirm that I can't flash moOde 8.3.2 using Raspberry pi Imager on my computer as it does not show anything to flash to.
Same happens on my daughter's Windows 11 driven computer that has no SD-Card slot.
Same happens on Windows 11 Virtual machine that I run from my own computer redirecting the SD card to the virtual machine as a USB device... (can't do it any other way I think).
So 8.3.2 is not an option for me right now :-( Weird I am the only one with this problem !
Yikes! Sorry this has turned into such an ordeal. It's supposed to be "so easy a caveman can do it" Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2