Moode Forum

Full Version: Bluetooth not working with LG smart TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm using my Raspberry 3B + Moode in my HiFi system; I use a local library, and also use my mobile phone via Bluetooth to play music.
I'd like to use the Moode's bluetooth connection with my LG 65B9PLA smart TV, running WebOS (I can't recall the version, but I know that is in line with to the latest OTA update).
The TV pairs (as a transmitter) flawlessy with 3 different bluetooth headphones (IEMs) and a bluetooth portable amp (Fiio BTR5); the Moode bluetooth pair (as a receiver) with three different mobile phones, an ipad, a Huawei tablet and three laptops.
Unfortunately, I cannot pair the TV with the Moode device; there's no way I can make the Moode device visible by the TV.
In other words, the TV set cannot see the moode device, regardless from what I try.
Can anybody help me?
What kind of information can I give to you to help me?

Regards,
Giovanni
@croccodillo 

I have an LG OLED65C1PUB television.

I have never used its Bluetooth audio out capability but just now I tried it against two moOde players, one running 8.3.2 on a Pi3A+ and the other running 8.3.2 on a Pi4B. Both players showed up in the LG's search for Bluetooth speakers. With the pairing agent enabled in the moOde players' Bluetooth renderers the LG TV had no trouble connecting to either one.

Sorry, I don't know what to suggest you do. I didn't see any useful diagnostic features in the LG WebOS menus and it's been a while since I tried to monitor the Bluetooth discovery, pairing, and connection process from the sidelines.

Regards,
Kent