Moode Forum

Full Version: Advanced Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

is it possible to specify more than one value in the search mask? The (i) says it must be vlike == value, ot != value. I'm afraid its not possible but maybe i'm wrong and doping it not in the correct way. I would like to excvlude two (or even more) genres, so itried != genre1 genre2 or != genre1 != genre2 but the cresult is always empty. So i guess everything after != kis treated as value, and than its understandable thatv the result is empty.
(09-15-2023, 05:44 PM)Huebi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

is it possible to specify more than one value in the search mask? The (i) says it must be vlike == value, ot != value. I'm afraid its not possible but maybe i'm wrong and doping it not in the correct way. I would like to excvlude two (or even more) genres, so itried != genre1 genre2 or != genre1 != genre2 but the cresult is always empty. So i guess everything after != kis treated as value, and than its understandable thatv the result is empty.

If your main concern is search for few genres, you may always make the genres pane visible and select them there.
Other than that, the search fields do not allow - yet? - for multiple value match.
(09-15-2023, 05:44 PM)Huebi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

In upcoming final end-of-year release I've added PERL regular expression operators =~ and !~ which allow for multiple search values for example to exclude multiple genres you would enter the following in the Genre field.

Code:
!~ Rock$|Classical$|Jazz$|Pop$|Latin$|Metal$|New Age$
(09-15-2023, 08:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]In upcoming final end-of-year release I've added PERL regular expression operators =~ and !~ which allow for multiple search values for example to exclude multiple genres you would enter the following in the Genre field.

Code:
!~ Rock$|Classical$|Jazz$|Pop$|Latin$|Metal$|New Age$

That would be great. Would it be possible to support the COMPILATION tag? I already set this tag to my compilöation CDs, but its not visible in th audio info. Maybe it is not supported by MPD
Not supported by MPD because there is no standard for a compilation tag across audio file formats. I think iTunes creates one in its local music database but not in the files themselves?
(09-17-2023, 07:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Not supported by MPD because there is no standard for a compilation tag across audio file formats. I think iTunes creates one in its local music database but not in the files themselves?

FWIW, I use the COMMENT tag for all these kind of things: compilation / live / soundtrack / etc. etc.
The typical tagging scheme for compilation albums is to simply set the AlbumArtist tag to the string "Various Artists".

moOde recognizes this scheme and makes it easy to navigate. Tag view has a "Various Artists" item in the Artist list or u can search albumartist Various Artists.

Also clicking on any individual artist (in tag view artist list) on a compilation album displays just those tracks belonging to the artist. Click the Album and it toggles between all tracks on the Album and just the tracks belonging to the clicked artist :-)
(09-18-2023, 12:22 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Also clicking on any individual artist (in tag view artist list) on a compilation album displays just those tracks belonging to the artist. Click the Album and it toggles between all tracks on the Album and just the tracks belonging to the clicked artist :-)

Which is one of my favourite features in moOde.
(09-18-2023, 12:22 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]The typical tagging scheme for compilation albums is to simply set the AlbumArtist tag to the string "Various Artists".

Dores it need to be exactly "Various Artist"? Cause i only have Various as Album Artist in case its a compilation.
It can be any string as long as it's used consistently. I happen to use "Various Artists" but others might use "Various" or "Compilation".