Moode Forum

Full Version: Hello from Berkshire (UK)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been playing with Pi SBCs since the early days however have not really touched audio.
I have many ripped CDs on USB in the car but my home amp has been out of service since my daughters 18th so have not played music at home for years.
Recenly I have got round to fixing the home HiFi so I am looking for a way of integrating my MP3 collection.
This is where I started looking at MoOde

Lots to learn so, I better start reading

Nick
Welcome on board, Nick.
May I suggest to rip your CD in Flac, because the high fidelity of the moOde system.
Best regards,
Francesco
(11-24-2023, 09:53 PM)fdealexa Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome on board, Nick.
May I suggest to rip your CD in Flac, because the high fidelity of the moOde system.
Best regards,
Francesco

Francesco

That is an excellent point.

Yes anything else that I rip will be saved in flac.
I am not sure that the car can take flac but I will master to flac and export to mp3 if required.

Now the HiFi unit is working I will also be digitising some vinyl so I guess flac is the way to go for that too.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Nick
If you are not already using it then dBPoweramp is an excellent ripping & conversion suite, for not much more than the cost of a takeaway from your local Curry Emporium.
(11-25-2023, 06:53 PM)suzywong Wrote: [ -> ]If you are not already using it then dBPoweramp is an excellent ripping & conversion suite, for not much more than the cost of a takeaway from your local Curry Emporium.

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks really good.
However, I'm Linux and this software seems to be Windows and Mac.

Nick
(11-25-2023, 08:00 PM)dacnik Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2023, 06:53 PM)suzywong Wrote: [ -> ]If you are not already using it then dBPoweramp is an excellent ripping & conversion suite, for not much more than the cost of a takeaway from your local Curry Emporium.

Nick

abcde is an excellent ripper that can produce flac and mp3 files at the same time. 
Works fine on the pi
(11-25-2023, 08:13 PM)steve4star Wrote: [ -> ]

Nick

abcde is an excellent ripper that can produce flac and mp3 files at the same time. 
Works fine on the pi

Thanks will give it a look
Nick

Nick

Works fine on the pi

+1 for abcde. I’ve used it to rip well over 100 CDs. It’s a command line script, which I think is cool beans, with lots of options.

No matter what ripper you use, sooner or later you’ll probably find yourself wanting to modify metadata. Fortunately that’s not hard in Linux either.

Regards,
Kent
(11-25-2023, 08:42 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]

Nick

Works fine on the pi

+1 for abcde. I’ve used it to rip well over 100 CDs. It’s a command line script, which I think is cool beans, with lots of options.

No matter what ripper you use, sooner or later you’ll probably find yourself wanting to modify metadata. Fortunately that’s not hard in Linux either.

Regards,
Kent

Just started my first rip and dual mp3/flac encode with abcde
Ripped well over 1000 CDs with abcde in Linux. Album metadata has been found about 95% of the cases, within which maybe 2 or 3 albums were conflicting and I had to check the sleeves. Most of the times it also gets the album-art.
With it I always rip to a single flac + cue, then I check the metadata (with kid3) and the cue file (with a text editor), rescale and embed the album-art.
The complete process for an ordinary CD takes me about 10/15 minutes, transfer to moOde and library update inclusive.

BTW, @TheOldPresbyope I remember some time ago we were discussing briefly about generating an HTML of the library reading libcache_all.json...
Well, today I finished itd; an adaptation of a previous attempt that scanned every file with mediainfo, and thus was kind of slow... now the html is generated in a blink of an eye, is about 20kB bigger than /var/local/www/libcache_all.json, and takes 2 or 3 seconds to load in the browser from a share on the Pi.

I mean, if you want to give it a try I can share it (cannot remember if I can upload it here... let me try)

Nope, neither renamed from .sh to .txt, nor zipped... let me know, I'll share it on my google drive.
Pages: 1 2