Moode Forum

Full Version: AUDIOPHONICS RaspDAC Mini Kit - I-Sabre ES9038Q2M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Display and Remote up and running in moode 6.5. One question, is there any way to keep the display on when not playing a track? On start up it's shows info for a few seconds then goes blank, had the same problem with moode 5.5.
(04-25-2020, 03:47 PM)TookaFace Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 03:32 PM)superpat Wrote: [ -> ]@TookaFace 

I am still struggling on

Using the test command you suggested, this is the current returned  output:-

sudo /usr/bin/python /home/pi/oled/raspdac_oled_main.py
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
amixer: Unable to find simple control 'Digital',0

Exception - Main Module
(<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>, 'raspdac_oled_main.py', 178)
pi@moode:~/oled $ sudo /usr/bin/python /home/pi/oled/raspdac_oled_main.py
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
amixer: Unable to find simple control 'Digital',0

Exception - Main Module
(<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>, 'raspdac_oled_main.py', 178)

?????

cheers

P

It's weird, do u have set your dac in moOde ui and restart ?

Try this command after u do that:

Code:
amixer sset -c 0 Digital unmute

Witch pi do you own ?

PS: Can you show the content of the /boot/config.txt file ?

@TookaFace

Hi,

I am going to start again,  I have done so many alterations, I do not know how much cruft is left in the OS. I am going to restart with a new copy of Moode 6.4.2 and I will  go through your process again!

I am using a Pi 3b+, and an Audiophonics ES9038Q2M, ( Kali version), with a Kali reclocker. (Mounted side by side with the Audiophonics Gpio bridge PCB).  Moode is set to a HW volume control.

Moode audio works well and sounds really great.   

This is current config.txt    NOTE  Set up at this time for Soekris 1021DAM R2R dac and not ES9038Q2M, (I  was comparing the SQ of the two Dacs, and had not put the ES9038 back into the system).     

AHHH! Just thought, when I use the 1021DAM, I set the Moode Audio volume control to NONE, as I have a hardware volume control set up on the Soekris dac module.

dtparam=spi=on
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtoverlay=rpi-dac
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

I will be a few days away, until I get everything reinsatalled,  hope it works this time!

thanks for your help so far

cheers

P
Code:
AHHH! Just thought, when I use the 1021DAM, I set the Moode Audio volume control to NONE, as I have a hardware volume control set up on the Soekris dac module.

The error msg could be explain by this, as amixer can't find the control, it's maybe a difference between the 2 dac.
I have no idea if those script works with 1021DAM, maybe try with ES9038Q2M at first with hardware volume set to MPD

And dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=4 is missing from your /boot/config.txt
(04-26-2020, 12:58 PM)kit1cat Wrote: [ -> ]Display and Remote up and running in moode 6.5. One question, is there any way to keep the display on when not playing a track? On start up it's shows info for a few seconds then goes blank, had the same problem with moode 5.5.

No one have any idea why this happens? Perhaps it's designed to work this way?
(04-28-2020, 11:44 AM)kit1cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2020, 12:58 PM)kit1cat Wrote: [ -> ]Display and Remote up and running in moode 6.5. One question, is there any way to keep the display on when not playing a track? On start up it's shows info for a few seconds then goes blank, had the same problem with moode 5.5.

Yup, designed that way. You can edit some values in the python scripts to change the screen-on time but keep in mind burn-in with OLEDs.
Has anyone had any success running this board with a Raspberry Pi 4B? I can't get filters to stick and the gain drops to -32.00dB. Earlier Pi boards work flawlessly.
(04-28-2020, 11:49 AM)Pieter Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2020, 11:44 AM)kit1cat Wrote: [ -> ]

Yup, designed that way. You can edit some values in the python scripts to change the screen-on time but keep in mind burn-in with OLEDs.

Thanks for info
(04-28-2020, 11:50 AM)Pieter Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone had any success running this board with a Raspberry Pi 4B? I can't get filters to stick and the gain drops to -32.00dB. Earlier Pi boards work flawlessly.

I have this setup with a Pi 4b 4gb, works perfectly, I don't use the oversampling filters though as I don't oversample & as the player is too far away from where I sit to see the oled screen I just use a stock MoOde image.  Musically it's brilliant & I have no issues with the pi 4b.
If you tell me your oversampling settings I am happy to replicate them & see if I get the same results as you?
I have been using the Squeezelite renderer for the past few days, works great but unfortunately only the menu and volume keys work on the remote and no track info on the display. Any tips on how I can get the pause/play and mute keys working on the remote and track info on the display?
(05-27-2020, 08:25 AM)kit1cat Wrote: [ -> ]I have been using the Squeezelite renderer for the past few days, works great but  unfortunately only the menu and volume keys work on the remote and no track info on the display. Any tips on how I can get the pause/play and mute keys working on the remote and track info on the display?

The Audiophonics screen script queries MPD for song info and commands, when you're using Squeezelite you're bypassing MPD so there's nothing to hook into. You could remap the remote commands to Squeezelite commands. As for the trackinfo, you should investigate hooking Squeezelite trackinfo into Moode's currenttrack.txt metadata file feature. Have a look at the code for the Pimoroni Pirate Audio display code for inspiration, I think they did a similar thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18