Moode Forum

Full Version: Total newbie, totally lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all.  I just picked up a DigiOne Signature Player with Moode pre-installed.  That is about as much as I know about my purchase.  My goal was to be able to play my hi-res music files through my home audio system and control it without having to walk over to the source every time I wanted to change the song, pause etc.  After talking with Allo, I was under the impression I could do it all from my iPhone with the DigiOne sig via the Moode OS.  Now that i look, I don’t even see a Moode app, so i think I’ve made my first mistake.

Second, I have both sides powered, connected to my router via cat6, and coax out to my NAD receiver. I also have all my music on a little flash drive connected to one of the Rpi’s USB ports.  Now what?  I have absolutely no idea what to do now.
You state "After talking with Allo".

What exactly did Allo tell you to do?
It was a series of questions via email. I explained what my goal was (like in my OP) and he said any of the OS’s would do it. I picked Moode bc general feedback seemed to be that The sound quality was better than the other OS’s.
Did you use the MOODE10 coupon to get the 10% discount?
(12-29-2018, 03:31 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use the MOODE10 coupon to get the 10% discount?

No there was another 10% off code at the bottom of Allo’s page that I used.
to answer your question you can control moode from your phone by opening a browser and typing in your Pi's ip address
Thanks, but what about the rest? The Player is advertised as “plug and play.” Do I still need to connect a monitor/tv and a keyboard and mouse? If I need all of this every time I want to listen to music, then I haven’t accomplished what i was after at all.
Who advertised moOde as “plug and play" ?
(12-29-2018, 05:06 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Who advertised moOde as “plug and play" ?

The DigiOne Signature Player is advertised as “plug and play” on Allo’s website. Then you select which OS you want to come pre-installed on the device. If this is not the case with Moode, there is no indication of it on their site.
All you need to control Moode and play music is your phone, open a web browser, goto http://whatever the Digiones IP address is...and Moode will come up.
Pages: 1 2