Moode Forum

Full Version: Moode vs external DAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

soon going to get my first Pi which I plan to use as a music server, I already got a stand alone DAC, a Beresford Caiman SEG so I am wondering, once I get my Pi and install Moode how do I tell it to use the Seg as a DAC?

Grazie

Giovanni
(01-08-2019, 02:14 PM)Giuanniello Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,

soon going to get my first Pi which I plan to use as a music server, I already got a stand alone DAC, a Beresford Caiman SEG so I am wondering, once I get my Pi and install Moode how do I tell it to use the Seg as a DAC?

Grazie

Giovanni

Looks like it's a USB-DAC. That part's easy. Plug it in and click through moOde's configuration menu to get through to the MPD Config panel. Change the Audio device setting to "USB audio device" and click "Apply".

You'll have to study your DAC documentation to see what other settings you may want to change.

Regards,
Kent
(01-08-2019, 02:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it's a USB-DAC. That part's easy. Plug it in and click through moOde's configuration menu to get through to the MPD Config panel. Change the Audio device setting to "USB audio device" and click "Apply".

You'll have to study your DAC documentation to see what other settings you may want to change.

Regards,
Kent

Grazie so much Kent, it will take a week wait to get the Pi and then will have to find out how to retrieve music off the NAS or, to begin with, an USB dongle to start with.

??
(01-08-2019, 03:09 PM)Giuanniello Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2019, 02:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it's a USB-DAC. That part's easy. Plug it in and click through moOde's configuration menu to get through to the MPD Config panel. Change the Audio device setting to "USB audio device" and click "Apply".

Regards,
Kent

Grazie so much Kent, it will take a week wait to get the Pi and then will have to find out how to retrieve music off the NAS or, to begin with, an USB dongle to start with.

??

What's your NAS and what protocol are you using (SMB or NFS)? 

For many users, the connection to their NAS "just works." For some, though, it has taken multiple rounds of Q/A to get a working connection (and one has still not got there?!?).

Try exploring some of the curated Radio stations while you're figuring this out.

Regards,
Kent
(01-08-2019, 03:27 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]What's your NAS and what protocol are you using (SMB or NFS)? 

For many users, the connection to their NAS "just works." For some, though, it has taken multiple rounds of Q/A to get a working connection (and one has still not got there?!?).

Try exploring some of the curated Radio stations while you're figuring this out.

Regards,
Kent

I use a QNap NAS over SMB, no much of a big deal, I am now playing music through an Apple laptop which is conveniente to add, delete, listen, arrange... music but to dedicate a laptop for that use is a waste so the NAS would come handy but then will have to find also out how to arrange my playlists, should it not work then either a dongle or a small SSD to fit the music and voila.

If it works I plan to upgrade the Pi with a HAT to give it a cleaner power supply and, maybe, an SPDIF or coaxial output but it depends on how I manage to make it work and how sound quality is going to be.

Ancora grazie

Giovanni