Moode Forum
Radio Station issues - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Radio Station issues (/showthread.php?tid=113)

Radio Station issues - Ryan Haaland - 04-22-2018

I could not find a discussion on this so here goes...

I'm running Moode 4.1 with Kali+Piano and Moode 4.1 in IQaudio PiDAC.  Same behavior in both units.

Some radio stations do not display the current song, rather only the URL.  (e.g. JB radio2 FLAC does NOT display song current song name)  whilst some stations do (some require 'refresh', e.g. KCMP) display current, playing song.

Any hints?  

Thanks
Ryan

RE: Radio Station issues - Tim Curtis - 04-22-2018

Hi Ryan,

Many stations, typically in the listener supported Public Broadcasting (PBS) space, don't transmit metadata with their streams. It could be because they cannot afford  streaming software and manpower to maintain metadata injection. I don't really know.

I'm listening to KCMP right now and metadata is fine.  Some vintage Prince is playing :-)

EDIT: I am seeing a several second delay in metadata update from the station, but it does update automatically. No refresh needed.

What Browser are u using?

-Tim

RE: Radio Station issues - rikardo1979 - 04-22-2018

(04-22-2018, 12:22 AM)Ryan Haaland Wrote: I could not find a discussion on this so here goes...

I'm running Moode 4.1 with Kali+Piano and Moode 4.1 in IQaudio PiDAC.  Same behavior in both units.

Some radio stations do not display the current song, rather only the URL.  (e.g. JB radio2 FLAC does NOT display song current song name)  whilst some stations do (some require 'refresh', e.g. KCMP) display current, playing song.

Any hints?  

Thanks
Ryan
Its down to the radio stream service. So if they do not include such info in the stream there is nothing to be displayed.

RE: Radio Station issues - Ryan Haaland - 04-22-2018

(04-22-2018, 12:38 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 12:22 AM)Ryan Haaland Wrote: I could not find a discussion on this so here goes...

Any hints?  

Thanks
Ryan
Its down to the radio stream service. So if they do not include such info in the stream there is nothing to be displayed.
Vintage Prince... indeed!  

Using Safari.  I will try another/others.

EDIT: Same behavior in FireFox and Chrome. (FYI, Chrome didn't connect to moode.local ?!? Others do no problem. Curious)

The stream from JB-Radio2 (flac) used to provide the current song.  It seemed to 'disappear' as I upgraded to 4.1.  It's not a huge deal, I just have a window from the website and it gets pushed.  Such a great station IMHO!

Thanks for the suggestions Gents!
Ryan

Btw, the KCMP Prince program is really great :-)

I'm not seeing any metadata from JB Radio2 (FLAC) but they are streaming at an INSANE rate of 6.144 mbps, 16 bit, 192 kHz, Stereo

It sounds wonderful. Bleeding edge for sure :-)

-Tim

Awesome Prince program on KCMP :-)

RE: Radio Station issues - Ryan Haaland - 04-22-2018

(04-22-2018, 01:28 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Awesome Prince program on KCMP :-)

One of the reasons I so enjoy Moode is the AWESOME radio functionality.  My three favorites: KCMP (I'm a wandering Minnesotan), JB-Radio2... insanely good sound quality and insanely good variety of music, and Jazz 88.3 out of San Diego.   My sincere thanks to Tim and others helping to make this happen.  

Keep it up!