Moode Forum
moOde 5 Beta 1 - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: moOde 5 Beta 1 (/showthread.php?tid=1183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - Cyberguy - 03-13-2019

I never use folder view after the upgrade to 4.4 
I have used years to tag my music, and been waiting as long to get the funktion cover view sortet by artist.  I don't hope it's that funktion you are planning to change ?

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - Cyberguy - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 02:37 PM)jempe Wrote: [quote pid='8758' dateline='1552482042']
I dream on an alternative Path view (folder view) that display the cover art of the album in the selectionned path only.

[/quote]

That would be really really nice funktion Smile
I have my music categorized in different genre on my NAS, but some of the genre
I don't use often, and would like to avoid them in my daily cover-view.
As mater the fact, it did work that way after my first boot (but the folders acted strange),
and all was back to normal after my next boot. 
The funktion is possible, but it misses the cover art of the album unfortunately.

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - Tim Curtis - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 05:16 PM)Cyberguy Wrote: I never use folder view after the upgrade to 4.4 
I have used years to tag my music, and been waiting as long to get the funktion cover view sortet by artist.  I don't hope it's that funktion you are planning to change ?

The Albums by Artist view is not changing.

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - energyi - 03-13-2019

(03-12-2019, 12:31 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
Code:
top -bn 2 -d 0.75 | grep 'Cpu(s)' | tail -n 1 | awk '{print $2 + $4 + $6}'

-Tim

Thanks for the code, a little out of my wheelhouse.

After my last message I immediately wondered if I could answer my own question about other tags, and sure enough, just using $ moodeutl returns the following list of tags:

Usage: moodeutil [OPTION]
Moode utility programs

With no OPTION print the help text and exit.

-i             print system info
 -l             print the moode log
 -m             run the system monitor
 -r             restart the servers
 -t             print last 10 lines of moode log and wait
 --version      print the program version
 --help         print this help text

Not sure if I was supposed to format that in code for the forum. Thanks.

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - michaelagiles - 03-14-2019

(03-13-2019, 12:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your collection is not tagged?

It is but between the record Co's odd collection of tabs and my erratic tagging over the years on material I ripped and transferred from vinyl, it is much easier for me to just organize the collection into folders. I have a widely varied collection from obscure world music to opera and most places In between. The tags are a mess and I have better things to do than try to clean themup!
Though I guess I must be the exception.
Thanks for your wonderful work! I enjoy it every day!

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - rhizomusicosmos - 03-14-2019

As Kent has mentioned, classical music can be a nightmare as far as browsing via tags is concerned. Until this is sorted (not a MoOde issue) folder view remains the line of least resistance for me.

I have been enjoying the new library view, though, and use it much more now than I used to.

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - TookaFace - 03-14-2019

When i switch mpd version (0.20.20 ==> 0.21.5), UI become a bit broken (see screenshots). If i switch back 0.21.5  ==> 0.20.20 no problem. Once i switch to 0.20 version i can't go back to 0.21, i always have broken ui.

I have this error: mpd[8693]: fatal_error: error parsing metadata item "+comment"

If i remove comment option in mpd.conf, then mpd can restart, and no more broken ui.

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - philrandal - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:22 AM)michaelagiles Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 12:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your collection is not tagged?

It is but between the record Co's odd collection of tabs and my erratic tagging over the years on material I ripped and transferred from vinyl, it is much easier for me to just organize the collection into folders. I have a widely varied collection from obscure world music to opera and most places In between. The tags are a mess and I have better things to do than try to clean themup!
Though I guess I must be the exception.
Thanks for your wonderful work! I enjoy it every day!

You and I must both be exceptions.

I like to order my music by artist / album (by release date) / track within album, exactly as if I was accessing my physical vinyl records.

We surely can't be alone in that!

Phil

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - frenchy - 03-14-2019

@philrandal how did you get this working on your Zero W?
I tried burning the image and putting the moodecfg.txt in the boot directory but doesn't appear to go anywhere.....attached a monitor and briefly shows some boot output but then goes off....
tried with another card, still no luck

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - philrandal - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:18 PM)frenchy Wrote: @philrandal how did you get this working on your Zero W?
I tried burning the image and putting the moodecfg.txt in the boot directory but doesn't appear to go anywhere.....attached a monitor and briefly shows some boot output but then goes off....
tried with another card, still no luck

moodecfg.txt needs updating as per current guide docs, but even then themes need manual config.

Just boot up a fresh build and access moode in AP mode via 172.24.1.1 (or whatever it is) to configure.

That's what I did in the end.

Phil